Short leutal phase - can you test earlier?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So, all the info I've read says that a pregnancy test is likely to show a false negative at 10ish dpo and to wait until your period is late. but my LP is only 9 days long! So if (big if) my period is late and I go to 10/11dpo, does a test have a better chance of showing a true result than if you have a 'normal' LP? Or am I still likely to get a false negative until I'm several days late?

I would say that time from ovulation to implant will be about the same, regardless of LP length, and so as long as you are testing after implantation you have a chance of seeing something! I start testing at 6-7 DPO :) Got BFPs with DD and DS by 9 DPO.

PS. I think the big issue with a shorter LP isn't when to test but whether a 6-7 DPO implanting embryo has enough time to rescue the corpus luteum before the uterine lining starts to shed. So if you consistently start to bleed at 9 DPO, your embryo would have to implant a couple days before that (ie 7 DPO) to get the biochemical signal to the CL in time. And if the embryo has indeed implanted at 7 DPO, I think there's a good chance you might see something at 8-9 DPO.

depends, it would still be standard so you could get a positive at 7 day if your super luck but average is 10 to 14 day

your LP wont effect WHEN you get a positive

5 days to travel the felopian tubes
2 days to implant (and stop period)
then 2 or more days doubling time to show positive

you can miss a period and still not have enough HCG in your blood to test positive even with a standard LP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->