short period- is it a problem?

chanel

Mum of 2 little boys
Reaction score
Afternoon ladies,

This past two cycles my a/f has been really short, spotting for 2-3 days then a medium flow day followed by a light day then finished! This month i can't say i really experienced any cramps which is a bit unusual.

Normally they would last 4 days with no spotting before hand... just wondered if anyone experienced anything similar or have any words of wisdom.

I'm don't think i'm pregnant and this is the cause of my problem but wondered if it actually might cause a problem in getting pregnant.

TIA Cx

Hi Chanel, my periods have always been similar to what you have described, although i usually get a little spotting at the end. I have never had more than 2 days (usually only one) of medium to heavy flow. As far as i am aware it has never been a problem. What is normal for you? Are you taking any suplements?

my cycles became irratic following a mmc last year so i started taking AC & B50complex. I used to have regular 28 day cycles which had me about 4-5 days a/f, oving around day 14 and a 14 day LP. After the mmc i was any where between 21 days and 35 days and had an 11 day LP which is why i started on the vits. However, last cycle i decided to ditch the vitamins as i just though i was trying to hard and not sure whether all the vits were a good or bad thing. My cycles for the past 3 months have now been about 25-26 days oving on CD11 which is fine but now the short period... don't know whether that is something to worry about or not.

Ive just started taking EPO to help with CM so i'll see how things go this month.

are you charting your temps? you may have had a one of those months were you didnt ovulate which can cause a similar experience...but...this is not always the case. sometimes this just happens. my blood flow seems to be different every month..sometimes i will get a VERY water menstruation...other times it will be light..sometimes it will be heavy and "normal"....it just changes but doesnt means theres any cause for alarm.

Mine is always just 1 day spotting, 1 day light bleeding and a bit of cramping, and then not a lot really! I use OPKs and temp and appear to ovulate every month, so don't think it's a problem. They just seem to have got really light as I've got older. You could always ask at your Family Planning Clinic.

x

I was temping every month for the last 8 months or so (and would have appeared to ov every month) but this cycle just gone i decided to stop... i got a clear blue fertility monitor.

We've been trying for quite a while now and i just felt that everything was getting a bit too much so decided to try and cut back on the temping and vits... none of that worked so far anyways so i couldn't see the harm.

I know i ovd last cycle and had a similarly short a/f as this cycle so i am assuming i ovd.... the monitor and OPKs reckoned i was oving anyways although i know that doesn't necesarily mean you actually have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->