Shorter periods after Natural Miscarriage

Tulip03

Reaction score
I have a concern that bothers me for 6 moths now. My periods got shorter after my 4th miscarriage (natural Miscarriage). After my first miscarriage and the second were the same lasting 5-6 days. After the third miscarriage that required a D&C my period lasted 4th-5 days. Now after, the forth miscarriage (in April) my period shortened again to 3 days sometimes spotting on day 4.

Can a miscarriage chance the period pattern? I'm 30 years old and wonder if age also can be a factor.

I aslo want to mentioned that last year was diagnosed with Hypotiroidism and I'm on 25 mcg of Sinthroid. My thiroid now is now under control and maintained very well. Again I wonder if my periods change could be due to the thiroid.

I really want to know if someone here experienced some changes after miscarriages.

I have talked with my OB and said it is normal but I read somewhere on the internet that shorter periods can lead to problems getting pregnant and maintaining a pregnancy. We want to TTC again and I really hope not to have difficulties to get pregnant.

Someone here with the same problem?
I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

I am so very sorry for your losses :cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs: I have 3 boys 20,17 and 11 and at 40 i got pregnant and lost my Ava at 18 and half weeks, my first period was 3 days but then after that they were normal again . I also have hypothyroidism and I am on 112 mcg of Synthroid . I was diagnosed at 36 with it. It has never affected my periods or my ovulation and if it properly maintained and your levels are fine you should be ok, when you get pregnant you need to get blood tests done every 4 to 6 weeks (Depending on the doctor) We also are two different people so what affects you may not affect me. I don't think a 3 day period is to much of a concern but I would see another doctor and get a second opinion to ease your mind. I know having a thyroid problem sometimes can cause fertility problems. Just make sure your levels are good, go see an endocrinologist just to make sure/ All The Best XOXO :hugs::hugs:

I am so very sorry for your losses :cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs: I have 3 boys 20,17 and 11 and at 40 i got pregnant and lost my Ava at 18 and half weeks, my first period was 3 days but then after that they were normal again . I also have hypothyroidism and I am on 112 mcg of Synthroid . I was diagnosed at 36 with it. It has never affected my periods or my ovulation and if it properly maintained and your levels are fine you should be ok, when you get pregnant you need to get blood tests done every 4 to 6 weeks (Depending on the doctor) We also are two different people so what affects you may not affect me. I don't think a 3 day period is to much of a concern but I would see another doctor and get a second opinion to ease your mind. I know having a thyroid problem sometimes can cause fertility problems. Just make sure your levels are good, go see an endocrinologist just to make sure/ All The Best XOXO :hugs::hugs:

Thank your for your advice Andy . Definatelly I'm going to ask another physician for a second opinion. A month after my miscarriage I had a HistoSonogram and the result was normal. I guess my body reseted its flow this way. I will try not to worry too much because this does not help either.
Thank you for sharing your story with me.

Thank your for your advice Andy . Definatelly I'm going to ask another physician for a second opinion. A month after my miscarriage I had a HistoSonogram and the result was normal. I guess my body reseted its flow this way. I will try not to worry too much because this does not help either.
Thank you for sharing your story with me.

I will look more into the Thyroid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"