Shortlist

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
We have finally cemented our shortlist! There are so many names I love but OH vetoed them so unfortunately they didn't make the cut.

We both put our favourite name choice on the list (the other has to like it) and then added two miscellaneous names that we like but aren't our first picks.

When bub is born we will see which one suits! We are in Australia and we already have a DS named Taj Henry. We find out the gender in 2 weeks.

BOYS:
Dallas John (my pick)
Lane Owen (OH pick)
Miscellaneous names are:
Jack & Hunter

GIRLS:
Indi Rose (OH pick)
Eva Mae (my pick)

Edited to add: Last name is Richardson.

Nice names...

For what it's worth, as an Aussie when I hear Lane I think of Layne Beachley so the name is more feminine for me.

Nice names...

For what it's worth, as an Aussie when I hear Lane I think of Layne Beachley so the name is more feminine for me.

Hello my fellow Aussie :) I totally get what you are saying and I agree the spelling Layne is more feminine in my opinion. Lane is the masculine version. It is a unisex name. Thanks for your input xx

I've only met guys with the name Lane, although with the Layne spelling I could see how it's unisex :)

Lane started out as purely a male name but now it's unisex which I don't think OH is aware of as hes only met one male Lane in real life & that's where he got it from. I don't think he's thought of the Layne Beachly association (Female Aussie Surfer, for all the non Aussies). Ironic though that we got the name Taj from Aussie surfer Taj Burrow lol

I love them all!!
If I had to pick I'd choose Dallas and Indi xxx

I love the name Lane. It's such an uncommon name. I grew up with a boy named Lane, and he is such a great guy. I'd love to have a child like him.

I also love your girl name picks!

Thanks for your input girls! Next step is finding out gender on the 30 Jan and then we can focus on one set of names. Then we shall wait to see what he/she looks like when born and see which one fits!

Very nice names! I really like Dallas John and Indi Rose!

Thanks ikaria! I am really hoping if it's a boy he looks like a Dallas when born...I actually love Indi Rose the best too even though it's technically OH's pick but I didn't want to only have one girls name in case it doesn't suit :)

Awwh loving your top picks, I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one for the sweetie when they arrive, there is no pressure to decide but I also like a short list before the birth :)

If I had to pick.. I dunno, I think Dallas John Richardson flows really nicely and slightly better than the other boy's name but I still like that too! I like Indi Rose and Indi Mae <3

Awwh loving your top picks, I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one for the sweetie when they arrive, there is no pressure to decide but I also like a short list before the birth :)

If I had to pick.. I dunno, I think Dallas John Richardson flows really nicely and slightly better than the other boy's name but I still like that too! I like Indi Rose and Indi Mae <3

Thank you mumma! Ooooh I love Indi Mae together too! Might have to suggest that, thanks!

Well girls, I'm happy to report it was confirmed at our 20 weeks scan yesterday that we have another healthy little BOY on the way :blue:

I have to say, he looked very much like 'Dallas' when I saw him on the screen so I'm currently trying to convince OH to let me get my favourite name pick..I've got a few months to work on him haha

Great names! Not sure I have a preference between the boy names... if it were my own son, I'd probably go with Lane, it just suits my personal taste more. But Dallas sounds good too :) Makes me think masculine and strong, sporty.

Indi is cute.. I go back and forth between it reminding me of India the country, and Indie style/music (both of which are cool..) its a hippie, earthy name to me..
I like how a name like Eva is traditional, easy to pronounce in any language, and not to common. Like my daughter's name

You can't go wrong with any of these names, all are great. I really like Indi Mae together, as someone mentioned :)

Let us know the gender when you find out! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->