Should he be sitting up now?

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I'm getting abit concerned because Oliver still can't sit up, what age did your LO do this? I know all kids are different and he will go ahead and do it in his own time, so i shouldnt worry but my Nan keeps asking me why he's not doing it, because i was walkng by 9months! What could you/are your kids doing at this age? Oliver has started saying dada although i dont think he knows what it means. He can finger feed, and push him self up to crawl but then gets stuck lol. But he just cannot sit! lol. He also struggles support his weight when i help him to stand up too. x

My health visitor told me kyle should be sitting up by 6 months, but as you said to every child is different x

Katie could just about sit unsupported at this age but was sitting supported from about 6 months. Can he sit with support hun?

they do it all in their good time. With Joe he only sat up at about 13 months (he waas 3 months early) so I was very worried but it does come :hugs:to them all

My friends little boy can't sit up on his own and he's 9 months old.

Rhiannon can sit with support and stand with support for like 3 seconds before the old jelly legs kick in but she still cant roll over, even after us all doing it for her she just lies there grinning.. know its hard not to worry hun, but think they all do different things at different times, its good that he is starting to say words and push himself up.. x

lilly can sit herself onto her bum with both legs in front now, but she kinda leans forward a bit lol x

Ryan sits without support - but only for a few seconds before he keels over. He's a little better if he's sitting forward (i.e. belly resting on thighs).

I wouldn't be too worried, because as you said they all do it in their own time and also I think girls tend to do it sooner than boys. I know I was walking at 9 months, but my brother not until a year.

Noah's OT should be some tricks to help Noah sit. Place him on the floor and spread his legs, then place your hands on his thighs and thumbs on his back and the baby will lean forward it will be hard on him and he might grunt because it pushes on the diaphragm(sp) , but it helps him strengthen the muscles on the sides and she said this is how babies learn to sit up by pushing themselves up with there hands on the floor

Don't forget Oliver was 4 weeks early (like mine) and so you can deduct 4 weeks from milestones like sitting. Think of all the people you know who went 2 weeks over... they have 6 weeks on Oliver!

Jasmine can't sit up on her own but can sit supported

Yeah i had wondered about him being abit early but cus he wasnt considered prem i didnt think it would make too much difference, but i'm probably wrong. He can sit with support though not for too long as he tends to slide down- in his high chair he insists on slouching right down where he's hangin out of it! If he dont do that he just falls to the side after 5mins..seems more like he's too lazy to me sometimess! He is a very chunky monkey! x

Personally I wouldnt worry at this stage. Each and every baby develop in their own time, Olivia started to sit early, she was only five and a half months when she started to sit with support and that only lasted about 2 weeks before she started to sit all on her own, however she is much slower at other things like crawling. From about 5 months she has looked like she is going to start any minute but it still hasnt happnened. She can put her self on all fours but as soon as she trys to start to go any where she just flops. I dont think her arms are yet strong enough to support her yet she is very strong on her feet and I very much doubt now she will be crawling much before she's able to walk.

X

Charlotte sits herself up if she's holding onto my hands for some leverage...she's been supporting her own weight (with me holding onto her, of course) for about 2 weeks or so now...everyone goes at their own pace I suppose

I wouldnt worry at this stage, all kids will do things at their own pace, Dec was sitting by himself from about 7 months but his brother Dan didnt sit until he was 9 months, and my little nephew didnt do this until he was 10 1/2 months. So as you can see there is a big difference just between theses 3.
Dont worry because it sounds like he is doing a lot of other things.

don't worry hun, Juleika also only can sit up assisted, but not on her own yet. she recently started commando crawling, but she doesn't crawl properly yet.

I believe to remember that I heard if they don't start those things by about one year old, you should speak to health professionals.

x

Kayleigh couldn't sit unsupported until she was almost 10 months, but she then went into overdrive and was walking at 11 months!

Charlie was about 9-10 months for sitting, and then didn't walk until he was about 13-14 months.

I wouldn't worry hun. Oliver will get there in his own time.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->