Should hpt lines get darker?

Hen

Reaction score
I've posted this in ttc as well but hoped you ladies might also be able to help me out!

I've seen lots of lovely tests where people have had progressions in the darknes of their lines. Does anyone know if you have to see the second line getting darker in order for it to be a viable pregnancy.

I got a bfp on saturday, but I'm not sure the lines have really got darker since then and I'm feeling a little worried. Thanks

Probably not. The darkness comes from the test you buy, not from you being farther a long. With Hunter my lines were always very faint even when I was well into the first trimester. With this one my lines were a little darker, and I got a BFP sooner this time than last time.

Hi Hen,
I replied on your other thread :)

Thanks guys you've really helped to put my mind to rest. I know I won't relax properly until I've seen a heartbeat, but it really helps to know that it's normal for the lines not to get any darker.

Dont be worrying and please do not do another test hoping its darker!!

My positive was so faint that I done another 3 days later and it again was so faint!! 2 positives tho!!

I am hitting 20wks and all is well.

And darker lines do not mean more hormones = less likely to miscarriage etc.... when you get that positive test you are pregnant - and congrats!

Thanks ellis. How did you know that was exactly what I was thinking of doing?! :blush: I have one frer left and may use it tomorrow morning just so it can no longer stare at me at tempt me (I'm the same with biscuits, can't have them in the house or I'll scoff them!)

....Oooh oops just saw this discussion is from awhile ago sorry about that......

it took me over a week to get a big juicy line i was confident in, try not to worry, im sure its all fine
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->