• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I be concerned?

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Olivia has been weaned onto solids from 5 months, just lately she has cut her milk intake right down, she has a full bottle in the morning but then at lunch she is only having such as 2-3oz, I try and offer her another bottle at 3pm-ish but again only has maybe 2oz she then has her dinner at 5:30pm and a full bottle before bed at 7ish. I'd say she has started to take less than 20oz per day. I have also started introducing water more regulary and juice which she sometimes gulps down and other time is more interested in trying to get it to spill out of the cup over her clothes.

I know oviously now she is on solids her milk intake wouldnt be as high as it was she used to have but should I be concerned that she is posibly having under 20oz on an average day?

Also... she is still sickly after meals, every meal, I thought it would have clamed down a little once weaning had begun but its about the same... is this normal??

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

x

I dont know, didnt wanna read n run..how about calling your health visitor to find out how much milk she should still be geting?

17 - 20oz is the minimum they are meant to take until 1 year once weaned. I would add some formula to her food to make up the difference if required.

Yeah, I thought the minimum was about 20oz a day. She might be catching a cold, or have a cold coming on? When Colton gets sick he will go down to 17-19oz a day.
Right now Colton is on three small meals, and drinks about 30-32oz.
I would probably call your health visitor and just see what they think..

Caitlins not taking as much milk either but eats plenty - She has around 20oz a day also sometime 1 or 2 less depending on her.

:D

Thanks wobbles that has made me feel a little better as I know she definately isnt coming down with anything and she has so much energy, Very similar to Olivia then as she eats loads of solids.

have you tried giving her readybrek stef? i give this to Rhiannon and i make it up using her milk so i know she get 2oz there.. then if she only drinks 2-4oz i know i can add the 2oz on top x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->