Should I be worried?? (pull out method)

Rato

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!
I have a quick question, this is causing me to wonder if me and my partner will have trouble conceiving. We will be trying to conceive from December 2012. However, since April 2011 we've been using the pull out method, as we would not mind if a baby comes along before that.
My partner was on anti-depressants until September 2011, which apparently does affect a man's ability to conceive (whilst on these tablets). Ever since he stopped taking them I have been wondering if I would become pregnant at some point and nothing so far. We usually do it about twice a week and he pulls out way before he climaxes. I am wondering does this mean we will have problems conceiving in the future?
I'm 26 years old now and I have been checked at the doctors and I'm completely normal (all ok with my ovaries and womb - and had a smear test last June) and ovulate every month (I have a little machine that tells me when I ovulate). However, my partner has never been checked for his fertility and he told me he used this method with his ex girlfriend for 2 years and she never fell pregnant, and she now has a healthy child (from someone else)....
Does this mean anything?? Should I be worried?? Anyone got pregnant with this method before???

I should add that sometimes we abstain from sex during ovulation. I really want to be a mum and the thought of TTC long term is painfull :cry:

What do you think?

x

Hi everyone!!!
I have a quick question, this is causing me to wonder if me and my partner will have trouble conceiving. We will be trying to conceive from December 2012. However, since April 2011 we've been using the pull out method, as we would not mind if a baby comes along before that.
My partner was on anti-depressants until September 2011, which apparently does affect a man's ability to conceive (whilst on these tablets). Ever since he stopped taking them I have been wondering if I would become pregnant at some point and nothing so far. We usually do it about twice a week and he pulls out way before he climaxes. I am wondering does this mean we will have problems conceiving in the future?
I'm 26 years old now and I have been checked at the doctors and I'm completely normal (all ok with my ovaries and womb - and had a smear test last June) and ovulate every month (I have a little machine that tells me when I ovulate). However, my partner has never been checked for his fertility and he told me he used this method with his ex girlfriend for 2 years and she never fell pregnant, and she now has a healthy child (from someone else)....
Does this mean anything?? Should I be worried?? Anyone got pregnant with this method before???

I should add that sometimes we abstain from sex during ovulation. I really want to be a mum and the thought of TTC long term is painfull :cry:

What do you think?

x

I think you will be fine, some men don't pre-cum, and abstaining during ovulation would obviously deminsh the accidental pregnancy...so I would say you have nothing to worry about, as we used it for a year then tried for my son and it was instant :)

Hi ThreeMakeFive!

Thanks for your reply. I had been reading a thread where a lot of people had posted they fell pregnant with this method and I suppose I started to panick heheheh
I don't think my partner pre-cums actually, and that's probably why!

Thank you!

x

We used this as our only form of contraception for about 3 years and when we actively started TTC it took us 4 cycles (7 months but I have screwy cycles) the first time and 2 cycles the second (unfortunately I've had two MC).

There have been a number of studies now that show there isn't sperm in pre-ejaculate, so if he withdraws in plenty of time you should be fine (the failure rate with perfect use is only 4% v condoms of 2%)

People that have go pregnant this way it's normally because the man doesn't withdraw in time, in those situations it pretty obvious as he doesn't need to finish himself off - iykwim :blush: or he hasn't urinated since his last ejaculation and the is some sperm in the tubes and it comes out with the pre-ejaculate

You can Check out this links

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_interruptus
https://www.livestrong.com/article/15914-effective-pull-out-method-birth/

Hope this makes you feel better Hun - try not to worry, at least until you start actively TTC :flower: you'll fret enough then anyway xxx

Hi everyone!!!

What do you think?

x

ummmm....pre cum has typically has NO sperm in it. the ONLY chance that it MIGHT contain sperm is if your partner ejaculated previously, did not pee and practiced the pull out method with you...... If you partner peed since last ejaculating, the very very very very very small amount of sperm that may be hiding in the urethra are no longer there and therefore WILL NOT be in precum.

i did the research because I wanted to be hopeful that last cycle we had even the smallest chance of conceiving......squashed for me.

so unless he ejeaculated shortly before sex and didnt pee before having sex with you.....there is no chance of getting pregnant. The pull out method does have a fail rate but the research attributes the fail rate to this method 1) being improperly performed and 2) a recent ejaculation with no void before the act of intercourse.

so dont stress about not being able to conceive until you are actively trying for 6 months with no sucess. if you are performing this method correctly then you are preventing pregnancy.

Hi everyone!!!

What do you think?

x

I think you will be fine, some men don't pre-cum, and abstaining during ovulation would obviously deminsh the accidental pregnancy...so I would say you have nothing to worry about, as we used it for a year then tried for my son and it was instant :)

Hubby and I have been using this method for 10 years. I had one suspected MC in 2001 (never confirmed), We started trying actively trying in July 2008 - got pregnant Nov 2008. Had one chemical/early miscarriage (not confirmed which) in March 2011 and now we are NTNP and I'm possibly PG now. If he's really good at catching it, as my hubby is, it's actually quite effective. Although there could be sperm in Pre, it's not 100% proven...some do some don't and I've also heard, but don't quote me, that sometimes the sperm released in the pre stuff is not viable or not very strong swimmers. Anyway, most medical professionals don't consider a fertility problem until you've been actively trying for a year with no success.

I would say that now that ur hubby is off the medication it won't be too hard to get pregnant but just know a healthy couple is expected to take from 6 months to a year to concieve without help.

Best of luck and hope you get your :bfp: soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->