Should i be worried?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Karlielkc, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Karlielkc

Karlielkc Pregnant (expecting) 1st

Hiya all,

My doctor has not done my bloods as of yet, im 7 weeks adn 3 days today, and no bloods have been taken.... should i request them? x

2. loobo83

loobo83 Well-Known Member

hey hun, well when i was pregs with my son in 07 i never had bloods taken so i dont think you should worry yourself. xx

3. verney300

verney300 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, most doctors dont anymore becuase they say that there test are only as good as the ones in the shop. i am 8wks 6d with my first n i havent had any. Dont worry :)

4. purpledaisy2

purpledaisy2 Mummy to a gorgeous boy

As others have said most docs dont do blood tests to confirm a pregnancy.

Mine does and both times it has caused nothing but week of worry with low hcg levels !

xx

5. Jadey-x

Jadey-x Well-Known Member

I'm 6weeks and 6days and ive not had any either :) dont worry yourself about it, the home tests are very accurate! x

6. Karlielkc

Karlielkc Pregnant (expecting) 1st

lol thanks all! I know i'm pregnant no wories on that front the sickness, the nausea and lack of sleep making sure i dont forget haha, and my tummy bump getting bigger, but wante to confirm hcg levels...but had nothing done so just have to wait! waiting on letter for midwife appointment x

7. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

I never had HCG levels checked and only had bloods done at 13 weeks (for downs screening) and today for all the rubella, grouping, anemia stuff hth

8. glowbabe

glowbabe Well-Known Member

I'm from Canada and its routine here that you get a bloodtest done to confirm your pregnancy. As soon as I told my doctor that my HPT came back positive, I had a bloodtest done that day and received the results within the same week to confirm.

9. BABYCAREY

BABYCAREY mummy to a angel

HELLO!! I WOULDNT BE WORRIED, I JUST GOT MINE DONE LAST WEEK, I WAS 11WEEKS WHEN THEY WERE DONE,AND ONLY GOT BACK 1 RESULT SO FAR!! IM SURE YOU WILL BE FINE x