Should I be worried?

susurrus

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant on 2/26 at a doctor's appointment where my HCG levels were 1549. Over a little less than 48 hours they practically doubled to 2820. The doctor said I was probably between 4-5 weeks and to schedule an early ultrasound to determine exactly how far along. (I took a clearblue digital to confirm which also read 2-3 weeks). I had the early ultrasound on 3/6. All they were able to see was a gestational sac measuring 14mm, which I have read should be about 6 weeks. I thought I was earlier along then that, but honestly don't have a clue. My doctor said it might be too early and is planning on rescanning me at my first prenatal on 3/17. I have been freaked out since the ultrasound, mainly because I relayed incorrect information to the tech (I had told her my levels were 28something the previous Friday and she assumed 28,000 not 2,800.) I also don't understand why my sac is measuring so big. I should mention that I have a titled uterus but I don't know if that factors in on TV ultrasounds or not. It also didn't seem like the tech took too much time looking at the sac as she was taking other measurments. I'm trying to avoid doing more reading as I think it's just causing me stress and I want to be positive, but should I be worried?

My vote is not to freak out. It won't help anything, anyway. :) Hang in there!

Thanks Dill! I am doing my best. My nurse actually called and decided she wants me to have a second scan before my appointment, so I am having it done on Monday. Fingers crossed that we see our little bean and everything is as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->