Should I be worried??

Mama2beNy

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Was wondering if anybody was in a situation like this and can tell me how turned out. I am currently seven weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound that showed a fetal heartbeat of 114 which I was told was quite good. I also had a progesterone reading of 63 which my doctor also said was good. He did say that the baby only measured 6 was and 4 days but I am worried because my hCG reading was 4500 and I know the normal range at seven weeks is much higher. My prior HCG at 5 weeks 4 days was 3300 so I didn't double and I am really nervous. Thank you all so much. Any advise would be great!!:hugs:

If you saw baby & heard the heartbeat, and your provider didn't seem concerned, I would just relax! I know that's hard to do, but worrying isn't going to get you anywhere, and your baby is still nestled in there growing. Try to relax, and just,enjoy your first trimester. I'm sure everything is fine. My HCG didn't quite double in the beginning either... sometimes the body is just weird.

Baby's heart just started beating at this point so the heart rate sounds good and the chance of miscarring after seeing the heart is low...if your not having any cramping or bleeding I think your fine=) maybe a late bloomer;)

Thank you both for your reply. My doctor got me worried when he told me the HCG was low and that I have to repeat the test but fingers crossed that its just a late bloomer! I am focusing on the fact that I saw my little one and heard its heartbeat!! :):)

My due date is March 14. I see you are a March as well! When is yours?

My doctor told me that by the time you reach a point where you can see the heartbeat, the ultrasound is a much more reliable indicator than the hcg level of how viable the pregnancy is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->