Should I be worried?

Neferet

Reaction score
I'm 19 weeks and 3 days preggo and I still haven't felt baby move. On my second pregnancy and I've read that you feel your second baby sooner than your first. I was feeling isaac move at 18 weeks. Also, in the 12 week scan the baby wasn't moving much at all and they couldn't do all the measurements they needed to do because the baby was in an awkward position and wouldn't move. Really worried that there's somethibg wrong with the baby. Am I being stupid?

I think this is a common fear, and you could most definitely talk to your ob about it if it would comfort you. But honestly, just because they say that you will feel your baby sooner, doesn't mean it's always true for everyone. I just had a scan at 13+2 and baby was being stubborn and not moving the way they wanted him/her to for the scan, but they sad baby is perfectly healthy

My daughter is really low, even the nurse pointed it out today and i feel light flutters still. I feel her more when I lay on my side, but she is still very inconsistent with her harder kicks. Don't stress. Soon you will miss when your LO wasn't trying to break your ribs. Lol

Sometimes with anterior placentas you don't feel much of anything until way later on because of the blows having soming much extra cushion. Just wait a little bit, you'll be sorry you asked for more when baby is bounding off your bladder ;) BUT, in the meantime, if you're concerned I'd say to ring your OB and have them run a reassurance scan.

Could be anterior placenta that softens the feeling of baby's movements, or the baby could be low. At this point there's lots of room in the uterus fr baby to move around, not until it is bigger do the movements become more obvious

With my first I felt baby move at 22 weeks. Where as this time I felt baby for-sure move at 21 weeks. Could also be anterior placenta, like another couple gals mentioned. If your are worried talk to your doctor/midwife.

With my first I felt flutters at 15w6d and we could feel outside movement by 20 weeks.

I have an anterior placenta this time and didn't start feeling baby move until 19w6d.... Skipped right over flutters. Still can't feel outside movement yet.

You may have an anterior placenta, or just a really chilled out baby. If I go in for an early morning ultrasound, baby moves very little... I have to plan my ultrasounds for after lunch or baby is sleeping super hard. :thumbup:

I'm 21 weeks today and I have felt some stuff but not much for the past 3 days. Or course it worries me but I have read that it is normal as it is still really early and baby is still pretty small. Plus I am overweight so some extra cushioning in there. Hoping to feel her regularly soon.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've been feeling occasional flutters. My twenty week scan is tomorrow so hopefully that will reassure me a bit.

I didn't feel anything from my third until about 20 weeks because of where the placenta was. It can be very normal.

I didnt feel my lil man proper untill 21wks i have a low lyin placenta dis is my 2nd pregnancy

I think they say we feel the baby move sooner mostly because we are used to the sensation and can recognize it more easily from experience and not because of anything else. If your baby is in an awkward position, or the placenta, then it sounds completely normal! We all stress when pregnant even when things really are normal -- I think that's normal too! lol

Had my 20 week scan and it turns out I have an anterior placenta so that's probably why I haven't felt much. So reassured after your replies and the scan- thankyou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->