Should I bother getting pregnant???

Orchid221

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm getting older and I'm going through one of my 'baby moods' and really wanting to get pregnant. I've put it off for so long because of several things. Most of the time I don't want children but now I feel like I want to get pregnant next month(as I already ovulated this month).

But I have so many anxiety problems including emetophobia so I'm terrified of morning sickness. I'm finally on meds that are making me feel a lot better and I would probably have to go off all of them(what would I do if I had a panic attack during pregnancy?).

And I have vaginisimus which I would have to work on before becoming pregnant. Is it all worth it? Or should I just give up and just consider that I will never have children?

Anyone else deal with any of this?

I don't have the same problems as you, but I have schizoaffective disorder, luckily it came on during my second pregnancy so it was too late to turn back! however, I've always wanted a third but I'm now saying I'm stopping at 2 because of my disorder. BUT if I didn't have any children yet like you then I would go for it. it would be 9 months at least of hell from my illness, but for me that would be worth it to have a baby. I have a mantra 'this too shall pass' which is good used in pregnancy and childbirth!

if you really want a baby, then it is worth it. I don't regret having my son at all even Though the pregnancy was awful and I'm only just recovering from it now and he's two years old.

I haven't suffered with the exact same things as you however I've suffered with panic attacks my entire life and I used to faint and have fits at blood or sick..Mine or anyone elses. I got pregnant unplanned on contraception and was sick a minumum of 10 times a day and that was on anti-sickness meds..I was forever in hospital being put on drips because I was so dehydrated from not being able to keep even water down and I passed out everytime I went out the house which then led me to have a huge anxiety of leaving the house. While it was horrible the 9 months I went through it all..My son was worth every moment of it.x

i was terrified of being sick (like a baby i used to cry whenever i felt sick cos the thought of being sick was horrific!) and the first few times i was sick i'd do the same, however you get used to it :thumbup: i'd go for it if you want it hun, whether you have a lovely pregnancy or not you'll have your baby at the end of it which i'm sure would make every bit of pain worth it :hugs:

You know what, I'm not going to lie..for people like us the pregnancy itself is terrifying. But it is worth it once you have the baby. There are certain meds you can take while you pregnant. Which ones are you on? I had my third baby unplanned, and I was so messed up with so many different meds, I didn't think the baby would make it but she came out perfect. You can make it through a pregnancy even at your worst. If I could do it, I think anyone could. I'm reeeeeeeeeeallly messed up with undiagnosed neurological issues that I can barely manage with meds and diet. I'm pregnant right now again and of course it is terrifying, but if I did it before I can do it again. Don't give up on the idea until youve gone through all of your options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->