Should i call the doctor or wait to see how he is today?

Wendyk07

Mummy to Derrin and PAL
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Am hoping you can help. Derrin has been very unsettled for 24 hours now. He has slept for a total of 7 hours in that time. He keeps being sick. After feeding there is always a little milk comes up but i was told that it was nothing to worry about and that he was just being greedy, however over the last 24 hours its not just after feeding. Its been happening at least once an hour and it wakes him up. It then takes me ages to get him back off to sleep and then he is sick again. Its not a lot of sick that comes up but its enough to wake him. I am using anti-colic bottles and have been giving him Infacol before feeds.

Do you think he has an upset tummy and that i should call a doctor or do you think that this is colic/wind and that i should see how he fairs today?

I have had no sleep since Tuesday so i thought i would get your opinion as i may not be thinking rationally or indeed thinking at all. I seem to be in auto pilot but am very worried about LO.

MIL suggests that i should give him some cooled boiled water as that will help with the wind. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:hug:

Wendy

Sorry to hear Darwin is having a hard time, i would say if its just a little bit of sick then it isnt a tummy bug, might be worth getting checked out just in case x

Im not sure about cooled boiled water helping with wind? Never heard that one before.

No real advice, but my LO was sick after every bottle 2/3 times for 24 hours, I was really worried as he'd never been a sicky baby but over a period of 2/3 days he went back to normal.

The midwives&docs wern't worried as he was still taking milk so was getting fluids. ( He was 2 weeks old )

If you are worried there is no harm in getting him checked though x

Hi Wendy

Sorry to hear Derrin is being sicky, when he is sick are you winding him? Laura gets hiccups at times when she's layed down and these make her sick, I just wind her and usually she has some wind to give up which causes her hiccups.

Does he cry when he wakes and is sick? If not just put him on his side a little and put a rolled blanket either side of him so he can't roll and if he is sick he won't choke on it.

Also I have been told that if you reduce a scoop of formula and replace with a quarter of broken up rusk it is a bit thicker and not only makes them sleep longer but also makes it a bit easier to keep down.

Hope this helps xx

hun this is exactly what Willow has been doing over the past week.
Is his nappies normal? i was told by the doc that it could be a tummy bug but then when we took her to see someone last night, the doc said it was prob a bit of reflux, making her bring up milk quite a bit and making her uncomfortable.
Shes difficult to settle at the mo, we are also using anti colic bottles and putting colief in them too.

The doc last night said we could try infant gaviscon, so i may try get some and see what happens.
x

we were told to reduce her feeds after the first doc appt so we fed her less milk and cool boiled water, she carried on sicking up and was extra grumpy cos she was hungry!

Hi honey, a few questions first;

Is he sick a lot?
Is it projectile?
Is it after every feed?

The reason i ask is that Poppy had Pyloric Stenosis, the symptoms are projectile vomiting after every feed but still being hungry in between. Poppy had symptoms from birth but commonly symptoms appear from week 5/6 and it is much more common in boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyloric_stenosis

Having said that, Poppy now suffers reflux due to a damaged valve from vomiting so often when she was poorly and her symptoms from that are quite similar. My advice would be to see the doctor, Poppy has Infant Gaviscon (which is only available on prescription) in her feeds which helps a little but we believe it won't stop until she is about 2 due to her circumstances.

Good luck honey xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"