should i complain about this?

C

cherryglitter

we live in a block of housing association flats. their contractors are currently painting the outside of the block.

we have air vents on our windows and when they paint it really smells. it's really strong and overpowering. i obviously understand they have to do their job but we didn't even get a letter warning us about it or anything. i would've just shut the vents otherwise and dealt with the condensation!

not only that, in the communal entrance they've put all the sheets they've been standing on to paint in there, tucked underneath the stairs. it majorly stinks of paint and white spirit.

now normally i love the smell of paint and white spirit but this is really strong. not to mention all the paint that's splattered over our windows/window frames. although that's not just us it's the whole blocks! i'm hoping they don't leave it like that.

anyway, i was going to email our housing assoc. but i feel like i don't want to piss them off. it's just a letter would be nice and for them not to stink our hallway out :dohh:

Hmmmmm...I would complain if there is something you think they can do to improve the situation. I hate the smell of paint.

they're quite nice guys so i might just get OH to say to them about it. it's more that they're leaving the rags and stuff in the hallway so it stinks.

it smells so badly in the living room today. :(

I probably would just for the purpose of getting them to store their stuff in thier own vans.
Its a potential health and fire risk, child could get hold of it and what about those that have asthma.
If it was a neighbor storing stuff like that in a comunial area youd be able to complain so why are workman any differant.

I had to have a little moan when the workmen where doing our comunial aerial, they kept leeving the basment door open when they left and this is a steep stone staireway about 50 steps that has no lights and is currently 2 foot deep in water from a burts pipe, most of these appartments have toddlers and small children so id hate to think of one falleng down there.
At best they would have a broken arm at worst a broken neck or drowned at the bottom unconcious

that's true, if it were another person living here i would complain!

It's wrong they haven't warned you. I'm asthmatic and that could cause me to have an attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->