Should I find out so late in the game??

B

Bekkiboo

Unfortunately at my 20 week scan I never got to find out the babies gender (although I really wanted to) because the cord was between it's legs which were then subsequently crossed :dohh:

However, I do have another scan scheduled for 36 weeks due to an anterior low lying placenta and although the scan is for medical purposes I am in 2 minds as to whether I should ask if they can tell the babies gender or wait the remaining 4 or so weeks to find out at the birth!

What do you ladies think??

I'm all for finding out but as you have waited so long I'd say keep it a surprise unless you can go for a private one. My lo also had the legs crossed and hiding under my belly button so I feel your disappointment. Fortunately I have another scan on Monday so I hope to find out then. x

i'm not sure
you waited this long without knowing
but, yet, you wanted to know the whole time
not sure, hon

I would wait for a surprise if I were in that situation, just because you've already waited so long and it'll be so close to delivery time....

Apparently it can be really hard to tell at 36weeks because the baby has so little room it can be hard to get a good view/position. I think at 36weeks I'd just wait a little longer.

I voted for the surprise too! half the battle is the wait and you'd have almost done that! Good luck whatever you decide x

I'm just gonna say that before I went to my 20 week scan, I said if baby was hiding their privates I would wait til it was born to find out the gender because it didn't want me to know yet :)

I'd find out, but I'm impatient. Plus think of all the shopping for pink or blue you could do in the weeks before delivery!

Id find out, i didnt find out until 28 weeks because of baby being a pain but when i did find out im so glad that i did

Seeing as u'll have waited so long, I'd definitely wait it out!!

Well, due to popular demand, I have decided to wait it out lol, thank you for all your input ladies :hugs:

i voted no. you've gone to 36 weeks without knowing so it's only a few extra days anyway (in the bigger picture!)

I had a surprise and it was fab finding out on the day!

I guess if you do wait until 36 weeks then its probably nice to keep it as a suprise for the remaining few weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->