Should I really considers myself 4 weeks preg?

C

ChocLover

Today is 13DPO but my doctor says the medical convention is to call that 4 weeks preg.

So should I be considering myself an extra two weeks preg for the purpose of things like calculating trimesters, due dates, scans etc? It seems weird to me..

Tomorrow you'll be 4 weeks, today you'd be 3w6d :winkwink:

That's how all doctors measure things :thumbup:

Pregnancy is measured from the start of your last period and based on an 'average' 28 day cycle.

The first day of your last period is deemed to be 0wk0days.

You are then deemed to ovulate on day 14, or 2wks0days. Obviously some women ovulate a few days early, some many dates later, but this is the convention.

Your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period) is deemed to be 14 days (again, in real life, this varies between women from approx 10-16 days), so the day you miss your period is deemed to be 14dpo, or 4wks0days.

So at 13dpo you're 3wk6days (even if you're actually missed your period already since your luteal phase is normally only 11 days, for example).

Your due date is 40wks0days (38wks post-ovulation).

So for the first two weeks of your pregnancy (0-2wks) you're not pregnant at all: you haven't even ovulated!

HTH

Yep! That's standard in most countries I believe, as most women aren't as in tuned as TTCers tend to be.. A lot don't even know what ovulation is.. so across the board, dating by LMP is the most accurate.

Yes yes yes!! ������

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->