Should I risk the ice and go out tomorrow night?

Celesse

Reaction score
Our work Christmas do is tomorrow night. It's gonna be one of those everyone-is-rat-arsed type of functions, so I'm planning to stay up until the point when people start repeating the same conversations and telling each other "i love you man".

It's really icy up here and around our flat it gets terrible, the snow has got flattened down into pure ice. Weather forecast for tomorrow night is minus 4, so by the time I get out its gonna be very slippy. We are close to broke so I can't really afford a taxi so will have to walk to/from the bus stop. OH is paranoid I'm gonna fall over and hurt me and/or the baby.

Should I go to put in an appearance or stay at home like a big wobbly party pooper?

You may regret not going - I went to OH Xmas do and disappeared after the meal when everyone was starting to get really drunk. Can OH walk you to the bus stop?

Whatever you feel comfortable with - wait and see how you feel tomorrow night.

Could you get some1 to walk you to the stop and back? I walked round to shop today (first time Ive walked in it) and just clutched onto my friend for support? X

hunni i totaly understand that you want to go out but please stay in! i had to take dd to doc's this morning and almost fell loads of times and i was in no hurry, it was day time and i had trainers on,
i would stay in and watch telly lol much safer! xxx

I like the idea of making OH come and get me from the bus stop! Not too sure if he will though :rofl:

if someone can walk you to/from the stop then I would definitely go - if not, I wouldn't, because I just wouldn't feel comfortable (I'm clumsy as heck though so I'd most definitely fall)

if you go, hope you have a safe and fantastic time :)

Wear some safe ice boots with good traction and then change when you get there! You might look funny but you'll feel loads better for it! I went out to my hubby's work-do on Saturday night and wore heels for the first time since I got pregnant.. just the walk from the car to the door was IMPOSSIBLE! If I hadn't had hubby to hold me up I would have fallen over half a dozen times. I knew he was there holding me but I was still terrified with every step I took. I must have been gripping on to him soo hard!

So yeah, go, but either make sure someone is there to hold you up or get some boots that grip the ice! :D

I went out today and took it very easy. I was wearing my hiking boots as well as they've got fab grip.

I'd play it by ear and see how you feel tomorrow. I agree though - I'd get your OH to walk you to the bus stop!

I'm sorry to be a party pooper, I had a bad scare on Saturday and ended up in hospital for 3 hours!!. I completly lost my footing walking up to my house, It happened so quick I couldn't even put my hands/arms out to save me. I landed full whack on bump/belly he got the full force poor little man!!.

The hospital was great I phoned for advice and they told me to come in straight away. I was monitored and my little man was monitored and i was seen by a doctor 10 out of 10 for service!.

If you do go out wear really good boots/shoes and change when you get to the party and make sure someone can be with you if poss, have a lovely evening.

Kirstyxx29+6

No way would I go out if I were you. I had a terrifying time today on the ice in the daylight just going a few yards.

Having someone walk with you isn't going to help as if the try to catch you they could end up falling on top of you and making matters worse.

Whatever about loose snow, compacted snow is frigging lethal.

Work nights are boring as soon as people start to get drunk anyway when you're sober and can get rowdy, nearly got knocked down the stairs at mine!

I wouldn't if I were you, I went out earlier today and fell despite taking every precaution, walking boots and a walking pole I've totally knackered my pelvis and am in pain if I move slightly. I'm considering cancelling my midwife appointment on wed if its this bad still.

Think I'd be a party pooper too, but I'm Miss Paranoid! Was scared to leave the house today because the "snow" is actually just ice topped with halestones here!! x

Gonna make OH walk me to the bus stop in the morning and see how slippy and dangerous it is at 8am. I guess if its bad then I will have an idea how bad it's gonna be in the evening.

My OH always puts his arm around me and lets me grip onto his waist for support when we go out in the snow. I wouldn't risk it, but I'm not the social type anyway.

I slipped going to the toilet at the garden centre today and wet myself a bit (sorry if TMI) fright and the fact I needed to go I guess, and that was in the afternoon!

Have decided to stay home. It took me over an hour to get home as the bus was late cos of the travel conditions and increased traffic. And I was also up a lot last night and don't think I have slept for more than an hour at a time for the past week. so very very tired.
Decided that watching a bunch of drunk people was not gonna be much fun.

Have decided to stay home. It took me over an hour to get home as the bus was late cos of the travel conditions and increased traffic. And I was also up a lot last night and don't think I have slept for more than an hour at a time for the past week. so very very tired.
Decided that watching a bunch of drunk people was not gonna be much fun.

I don't blame you at all! Have a lovely evening pampering yourself instead x

Enjoy yourself tonight, have a pamper session instead and an early night after a good girly movie. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->