• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I see the doctor?

mrsclt

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but seems most fitting - I know periods can be all over the place after having a baby, especially as I still breastfeed. Bub is almost 10 months, mixed feeding and solids 2 or 3 times a day. My periods have been back for the last 4 almost 5 months. However, my cycle is only lasting 17 to 21 days. And my periods, though lighter than before bub, are lasting 8 to 10 days long! I dont even get two weeks period free before the next one starts. Is it normal for them to last so long, or should I talk to the doctor?

You can still mention it to your doctor, but as you said you are breastfeeding it is normal for your periods to be all over the place. Some periods longer, some shorter, some heavier, some lighter etc. It takes awhile anyways for your body to adjust to a normal rhythm for your menstrual cycle.

I didn't BF so I'm not sure how normal it might be but when mine were a bit all over the place the doctor suggested taking the pill to level them out, not sure if you can do that whilst BF'ing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->