Should I start Progesterone?

falling snow

Reaction score
Hi! A little background. TTC for around 10 months. Almost always have spotting for a few days before AF. Cycles are normally 26-29 days. Used OPK's for the last 3 months. 9 and 11 day LP's to first full flow day (spotting started a day or two before that). This is my first cycle temping. I got a positive OPK Saturday night and Sunday morning (CD 17 and 18). My temp. went up this morning (CD 19). This is my first cycle using Vitamin B complex as well. I am taking 50 mg.

So the question is should I try progesterone cream to lengthen LP? I know B6 does for some, but don't want to miss out on this cycle if it doesn't work. But also would like to know if it works without progesterone. My other concern is self medicating without doctor's advice. I am planning to make an appointment in the next few months if I don't get a bfp, but my doctor schedules out far, so even if I schedule today, I won't likely get in for at least a month.

What do you wall think? I don't want to use something I don't need.

Hi! A little background. TTC for around 10 months. Almost always have spotting for a few days before AF. Cycles are normally 26-29 days. Used OPK's for the last 3 months. 9 and 11 day LP's to first full flow day (spotting started a day or two before that). This is my first cycle temping. I got a positive OPK Saturday night and Sunday morning (CD 17 and 18). My temp. went up this morning (CD 19). This is my first cycle using Vitamin B complex as well. I am taking 50 mg.

So the question is should I try progesterone cream to lengthen LP? I know B6 does for some, but don't want to miss out on this cycle if it doesn't work. But also would like to know if it works without progesterone. My other concern is self medicating without doctor's advice. I am planning to make an appointment in the next few months if I don't get a bfp, but my doctor schedules out far, so even if I schedule today, I won't likely get in for at least a month.

What do you wall think? I don't want to use something I don't need.

Hi! I was only TTC 2 months but in those 2 cycles I started spotting a week before my period. The second cycle i got a faint BFP on cycle day 11 and then was 3 days late but was spotting. She thinks I had a chemical and we both deduced I had very low progesterone. I'm 36 and usually this plummets after age 30. She asked if I want to test my levels for a month but I didn't want to waste another month TTC. She said it would do no harm to supplement even if my levels were normal. I'm on CD 21, I think 7dpo and feel great, no spotting in sight, not sure if we nailed it this month but too early to know.

I will say this, I had tried the over the counter cream in the past and it did nothing for me. Turns out it only delivered 20mg transdermal which can be unreliable. My script is a vaginal cream that gives 90mg progesterone.

If you can find a somewhat holistic or alternative gyno he/she should probably jump right on supplementing you and minimally invasive testing and methods.

Good luck! Would love to hear how it goes!!

Thanks for the reply. I think I will try it starting tomorrow. I'll be around 3 DPO. If it and the Vitamin B do nothing, I'll schedule an appt. with the doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->