Should i stock up..

L

Laura--x

On things like infacol, gripe water, calpol an such? Or not bother buying it untill i need it?

They can't have calpol as newborns, or gripe water until 4 weeks, but I would suggest getting some formula and infacol even if you plan to BF. :) Most big stores are 24 hr now, so if you need something then you v=can get it, but I would keep those two things in the house just in case.

I wouldn't bother with it, you can cross that bridge when you get to it..

I would not "stock" up, but you can get one of each as then you wont get caught short in the middle of the night. x

I would not "stock" up, but you can get one of each as then you wont get caught short in the middle of the night. x

excactly what i was going to say lol

we found infacol handy to have by our bedside at 3am

And when they r old enough to have calpol they give u a bottle of it with their injections anyway hun x

Like the others said - just get one each of those things to begin with, until you know if you're going to use it.
I found it more useful to stock up on cotton wool, wipes, nappy bags & nappies.

Hey, i agree with the above posters. Maybe get one of each just in case, but don't bother stocking up just yet. You may not even need the infacol etc.

Oh, yes littlelady has a point there too-my gp gave me calpol when elliot had his jabs too so don't buy any!

keely.

Hey, i agree with the above posters. Maybe get one of each just in case, but don't bother stocking up just yet. You may not even need the infacol etc.

Oh, yes littlelady has a point there too-my gp gave me calpol when elliot had his jabs too so don't buy any!

keely.

yeh hun they gave us a bottle of calpol with every injections hes had even his 12 month ones and when they are younger and have their first ones u dont even use it all by the time they have the next lot x

I was lucky enough to have a kind sister-in-law who did me a box of all the things my newborn/baby might need and it included all those things. All of them have been put to use at some stage but I agree you don't need to 'stock up,' as such. If you do buy them, Sainsbury's currently have a half price offer on all baby things like Infacol, wipes, cotton wool, nappy sacks, teething gel etc (not nappies though :( )

Yep I'd buy one of each as well. I don't like having to go to the store for a medicine run with a sick baby!

So should just get a bottle or two of infacol then leave the rest? x obviously formula..

I would get one bottle of gripe water and calpol. They can't have either newborn anyway but they're good to have handy when you do need them

I would get one bottle of gripe water and calpol. They can't have either newborn anyway but they're good to have handy when you do need them

Agreed, having one of each is a good idea. No you can't use it on a newborn but you may not remember to pick it up later. It's always good to have these on hand just in case IMO

From my experience and the things I had to run out and get, you would want

a. gripe water
b. infacol or something similar
c. nasal drops or spray - middle of the night we had to take him to the hospital cause he couldn't breath and all he needs was a few saline drops.
d. Nappy Rash Cream - not just the everyday stuff to prevent nappy rash, but something like Sudocrem that will help heal nappy rash.

with maddi i had brought a bottle of calpol, bottle of gripe water and a bottle of infacol, and i found them great for when the time was right :) we started using infacol from a free days old, and then the calpol was used for injections, and then the gripe water a few times after 1 months :)

i did make the mistake of buying too much formula - had in a tub of cow and gate, a tub of aptamil and a tub of s and m, ended up throwing the sma and giving the cow and gate away as maddi was great with aptamil :)

I found it useful to have a few bits before Jay was born so I had them to hand when I needed them :D I bought some infacol, gripe water, dentinox teething gel, bepanthen nappy cream, sudocrem and some calpol.

Although I didn't use some of it for the first few weeks it saved me a trip to the shops when I did need them :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->