Should I test?

lovingmumma

Reaction score
Okay, this may be a bit long and tmi so sorry in advance! haha. I'm not to sure where to post this so I thought I should try here first. My son is 6 months old exclusively breasted, when I was 3 months pp I got some cramping and thought my period was back as I was acting very pms like, but all what happened was a few drops of blood an that was it, I haven't had anything since apart from occational cramping making me think my period would come back but it hasn't. So over the last few weeks I've started wondering if I should take a test, I put all my symptoms together and now I'm wondering if I could be pregnant again! I've been so irritated and had such wild mood swings, and the past 2 weeks my appetite has gone crazy, and I have had a few nights where ive been nauseous. We have been using the withdrawal and breast feeding as contraception, but since my partner never finished inside me I am just doubting that it could be pregnancy. I know I should really take a test but I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced anything like this at all? And what the outcome was? Could the symptoms just be from breast feeding? I was never moody in my last pregnancy and was constantly sick in it which is another reason I feel like i may not be pregnant. Thanks for reading this!! :)

I would breastfeeding isn't an effective birth control unless your nursing every 2-3 hours around the clock , an withdrawal is also notoriously in effective birth control as sperm can be realeased in Pre ejaculate as well

I would test , anything is really possible

If it were me, I'd just go ahead and test. My mom got pregnant again when I was 4 months old and still exclusively breastfed. And of course the withdrawal method really depends on your partner's level of control. It might seem like he pulled out in time, but maybe a little bit came out first. This happens all the time. It does seem unlikely that you'd be pregnant, but a test should tell you for sure and set your mind at ease.

Thanks ladies :) I went and did a test and no surprise it was negative, good to get it off my mind though. Still am going to go to the doctors though and see if I have low iron or something that might be causing me to feel pregnant.

Just for the record, I am exclusively breastfeeding. Baby conceived in June, my daughter was born in Feb. It is possible and she still wakes for nighttime feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->