should i wash babies clothes?

Emz_number3

Reaction score
so im looking at all the babies clothes iv brought and im thinking mmm do i wash them first even though there brand new????

obviously in non bio...but is it worth doing??

i really cant remember what i did with my other two childrens clothes, if i washed first or...

or am i just wanting to wash them so i can play with baby things lol

ive washed all of my baby clothes but most of mine are second hand,

i think personal preference, i would just to mess around with them all again lol.xx

I would still wash them if they were new as Im funny with things like that. Mine are all second hand so far and smell of wash powder but Ill wash them again myself right before baba is born x

i did with my first - but gave up after a while. i haven't bothered this time round

I've washed all of mine as although they are new you don't know how many people have touched them or if they have been on the floor in the warehouse.

I washed all babas clothes .. I even ironed everything lol.
Everyone kept saying I was mad but I Wpuldnt wear creases so why should he lol.

I think it is personal preference but I washed all mine (new and used) because who knows how many people touched it while it was at the store, being made, being transported etc. and maybe some of them were sick. Also, I am sure the factories, warehouses and trucks they were on were not the cleanest. Plus I love to "play" with all the baby clothes too. :)

I wasn't sure - but did and it was soo worth seeing them hanging on the line! I melted ! So did DH!

i have washed all of my new and second hand baby clothes as you dont know who has touched them with grubby fingers in the shop and also a lot of shops actually spray clothing with a chemical that stops the fabric getting damaged in transportation and it can irritate sensitive skin :-/ there are sometimes lots of othernastt chemiclas on clothing from when they have been dyed etc :-/
i have washed mega everything it took weeks but atleast i know everything is soft and clean for her skin xx

Ooops! Just me then! It made no difference to my Los skin whether I had washed the clothes or not so I haven't bothered this time - You lot are making me feel guilty though!

I'm doing mine. Did the white wash yesterday and the colours today, they do look cute hanging on the line! I do with my own clothes too, I like to wash stuff I've bought before I wear it, I never wear clothes straight from the shop! I just feel more comfortable, they feel like my clothes then rather than smelling new! Maybe I'm a bit weird!!

i think washing takes the newness away :laugh2: i never wash new clothes.. mine or babies

I've been contemplating this myself. Most of my stuff is new, the used stuff I have already washed, but I love new clothes before they've been washed... but I also don't want my baby to be sensitive and break out because of my stupidity!

I think I will wash them just to be safe :(

I washed all the onesies, sleepers, socks, blankets, and towels, but decided not to wash the cute brand new outfits yet---I swear they ALL fade and shrink, or at least lose that nice brand crisp new look, even when I wash them gentle cold cycle and hang dry them. Plus she may not get to wear them all and I can give them to someone else.

I never washed with my 1st, and wont be with this one either! x

Oh lord :haha: I didn't with my first 3 children if it was new but did with my last child and this one. Not sure why but I did. By the way my other 3 children are just fine and never had any reactions to them not being washed :haha:

Its not too much to ask, in my opinion, to wash a few clothes for a newborn life. I actually think its pretty ignorant not to. Do ppl think factories are clean? There might be a few high end ones in Japan that are but I doubt your baby clothes come from there ha ha ha! Especially if you shop at asda, tesco, etc! All clothes should be washed if you care about your little ones best. They might not get a reaction, sure. They might not get a reaction if you lay them on the street either but would you?

Seriously...

Its not too much to ask, in my opinion, to wash a few clothes for a newborn life. I actually think its pretty ignorant not to. Do ppl think factories are clean? There might be a few high end ones in Japan that are but I doubt your baby clothes come from there ha ha ha! Especially if you shop at asda, tesco, etc! All clothes should be washed if you care about your little ones best. They might not get a reaction, sure. They might not get a reaction if you lay them on the street either but would you?

Seriously...

Wow that got a bit offensive for a simple question.......Dont see why it needed to go there:shrug:

I dont wash the new stuff either. Second hand cloths yes I do. My other two children have been just fine :D Like other ladies have said, its just a personal choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->