• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I wean her now?

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I have been giving Jessie hungrier baby milk (SMA blue top) for a good while now and it seemed to be doing the trick. She usually has a bottle at about 6pmish and then goes to sleep 7pm ish so I dream feed her another bottle at 11pm and thats it for the night. She usually goes thru until 6-7am but this morning when she woke up she was so hungry she took a full 7oz bottle, 1oz of water and still seemed hungry so made up another milky one and she took about 3oz of that.
I went to boots and got a packet of baby rice and porridge that are for 4+ months. Do you think It's a bit early seeing as the "normal" advise is 6 months for weaning? I know to expect most of it to be spat back at me etc but do you think this may help her incredible hunger like this morning?

Another quick question is ... I was looking at the Jars in the shop today also and when you give your bubs a jar of food do you also give pudding in the same sitting or do the two jars count as two meals therefor given at different times? I'm all confused.
xXx

I started max on baby rice at 2 months because he was always hungry .. hes now 4 months and gets oatmeal and fruits and vegies ..as ive been saying to others do wat u feel is right .. if she eats it and digests it fine then keep going ..if she wants nothing to do with it ..try a gain in a few weeks

Thanks for your reply, It's difficult to know whats best when it's your first and information is very confusing. It says 4 months on the packet but its suggested by health visitors 6 months etc. I have met my health visitor three times in total so you girls have become my advisors lol.

Hah yeah I so understand you ..I got so much information after max was born I didnt even remember who it came from or what it was lol

It could be just a growth spurt and her hunger will settle down but if it doesnt I would seek advice from the hv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->