Should i wean him because of this reason...?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
He's 4 months old and teething,some day quite bad. I use Bongela and calpol but many times doesn't work.

Mil said i should wean him by giving him some small pieces of fruits and put it in this thing that baby can suck the juice of it and won't get the big chunk of the fruit (you know the thing with the net and little handle,not sure what's it called) but she says it would be good for teething baby

he's a big boy ,19 lbs already (i breastfeed only)and i think maybe it will be too much to give him that because it might make him gain weight even faster than now

Hiya hun...personally i wouldn't wean a baby for that reason, i would only wean if your LO is not satisfied with the feeds you are giving. If his weight is good and consistant then continue to offer milk only. I only started weaning my baby when he turned 6months as he appeared satisfied with just milk.

Teething is something that we can't prevent and many babys get very distressed with the pain but the time will pass hun...have you tried using any teething rings? I find them very helpful...my babys first tooth is about to appear and he has also been hard work recently but it will pass...

xxx

If thats all you gave him, I dont think that would be considered so much weaning. You could always try it. It's not really different than giving them juice, because thats really all he's going to get out of the feeder; except it will be really cold. Or if you dont want to do that. You could get some crushed ice and put it in there, my aunt used to do that all the time when hers was teething (and she's only about 15mo now).

Weaning will actually work the other way around. Just about every baby I've seen starts gaining less weight after weaning. Colton certainly did. Because they are drinking less milk, and if you ever drink alot of milk you know it puts weight on you pretty fast. Which is good for babies who are growing as quick as babies do.

Either way, I dont think teething is a reason to wean, like LaDY said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->