Should I worry?

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Ryan slept 8 hours last night (11-7). This is fairly normal, a bit longer than the 6-7 hours he usually sleeps for. But when he woke up at 7, he just had a feed and went straight back to sleep and he's still asleep now. He just seems to be sleeping for quite a long time. I'm thinking it's probably nothing to worry too much about, but I can't help it. He had his immunisations yesterday, could this be a reason maybe? x

My mum always says the more they sleep the more they sleep, it seems to be true with Kaya

Sometimes they just seem to have sleepy days!

I remember when Noah was 2-3mths and he slept most of the night, got up had a feed, I got him dressed and he was asleep again. He just kept dropping off during the day but for a really long time (normall its only for 10-20 mins) I called my mum in a panic as I thought there was something wrong with him! He just seemed so tired!

He was wanting bottles in between and there was no sign of him being poorley!

With immunisations I wouldn't worry, if they're feeling a bit off some babies sleep it off and some don't! Noah slept lots when he had his first but not so much when he had his second! If you are worried you can always call your HV just to put your mind at rest!

I think its true about the more they sleep the more they want!!

xx

Hi hun, I think its normal for babies to be sleepier after their immunisations as far as i know, but don't quote me on that! I assume its a lot for their little bodies to cope with and to recover from it they need to sleep. If you're worried i'd just give your GP or HV a quick call. At least your mind can be put at ease! How did Ryan react to his jabs? Oliver has his next week! (Won't forget this time!) I hope he's ok anyway hun xx

Hey :) He's been awake for a little longer now, even though he's asleep again atm. With his jabs, he screamed really loud, pain cries for about 30 seconds and then he did that whimpery thing where he doesn't know whether he should be crying or not lol. Then he just stopped and started staring at the nurse. He also saw his 1st girl-baby in the waiting room :winkwink: What day are Oliver's? x

LOL My daughter didn't love her shots either. One time she was so "traumatized" that she passed out before we even made it back to the parking lot LOL! She was fine of course, just mad. But she did sleep a bit after each set of shots. Oh- and random sleeping/eating changes can also commonly be due to growth spurts! My daughter has been like that since birth, we always know when we're in a growth spurt because she suddenly needs more sleep and doesn't eat nearly as much, but she's not physically sick or anything. Not long after, a bunch of her clothes don't fit LOL! So if he doesn't seem to be sick then I wouldn't worry too much about it! Good luck!

Thankyou everyone! He has been eating a bit less at the moment, so maybe I should start sorting out all his smaller clothes to wear before he grows out of them. x

Hiya aww bless him! Oliver's are on tues x

Callum had his injections last week and im sure he pretty much slept all that day. I wouldnt worry too much about it, sure he's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->