should I worry?

babyblessed

Reaction score
sorry, I be being niave here, but should I worry about personal information having got into the wrong hands from the hacking into the site?

The site was not hacked the server that the site is on was & the posts lost were because of the last time the forum was backuped (data wise)..

& over all no - hackers just think its a fun thing to do usually teenagers who can boast to their friends (geeks). BTW your PC can be hacked any time and would be prone to leaking personal information & I'm sure you don't have your bank details on BnB.

Its not you that needs to worry its us with HUNDREDS of pounds invested.

I agree with Wobbles. It was just the server that was hacked, so no you shouldn't be worrying about your personal information. In saying that, any time you use the internet, there is a chance you are going to get hacked, it doesn't matter how secure you think the site you are using is, people are going to find a way to get into your personal computer if they want too. You just have to be smart about what you put out there.

Can I just confirm (although I know you didn't mean it this way Vickie lol) that PC hacking, websites & server hacking are all completely different circumstances. Like should a site be hacked doesn't mean your PC will be hacked. Isolated incidents.

Hackers that hack PCs are after personal information .... this is why you should have a firewall. I recommend zone alarm.

Hackers who go for websites just think its amusing playing with peoples hard earned investments & time ... its usually just some spotty small willied teenager trying to get a hardon to sum it up.

No worries, I was thinking about editing because I wasn't sure how clear I was in what I said!

I knew what you meant :lol:

Just some people are paranoid ;)

Can I just confirm (although I know you didn't mean it this way Vickie lol) that PC hacking, websites & server hacking are all completely different circumstances. Like should a site be hacked doesn't mean your PC will be hacked. Isolated incidents.

Hackers that hack PCs are after personal information .... this is why you should have a firewall. I recommend zone alarm.

Hackers who go for websites just think its amusing playing with peoples hard earned investments & time ... its usually just some spotty small willied teenager trying to get a hardon to sum it up.

I know your really pissed off, with reason, but OMG that made me chuckle :rofl::rofl::rofl:

xx

thanks for the response; I understand the baby and bump team will be more affected by this; but as I am sure you agree, we all treasure our wee ones and some people actually want pictures from these sites so just wanted to check.

As Wobbs said, the server was the target not the individual website itself :)

The person or persons ultimate goal was just to bring the server down and completely kill it, which to my and everyone elses annoyance, is what they did - to such a state tht the provider himself couldnt get into it to do anything.

It happened so fast that there simply wouldnt have been time in my opinion for the hacker or anyone to be able to sift through databases and the files on the server to obtain peoples details, pictures, etc.

In comparison [and not to scare anyone] but we all run the same risk, just by having our computers connected to the internet and by surfing websites, and naturally we all have firewalls, antivirus and antispyware programs setup to counter attacks on our own computers, but none of that is 100% garanteed to stop them remember.

Hope that doesnt frighten anyone but its something to remember :)

Regards and apologises for the problems to you all.
Nath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->