should i worry?

17mummytobee

pregnant-2nd trimester.
Reaction score
Hey so its 4pm here uk and I've been up since ten. In that whole time I've only felt LO move/kick three times. I've tried drinking something cold and fizzy and laying down but nothing. I'm just gunna try eating something spicy and something sweet but I don't knoe if this cause for concern. He usally kicks like mad when I sit up cos I squash him :D but he's not even doing that?
I also had a sort of like )tmi) dicharge coming out feeling last night and my bump has shrunk? :/

Ladies post this concern all the time, I was one of them a few days ago. I honestly wouldn't be too concerned, but really monitor the kicks on days like these. I actually sat with a spread sheet and clicked 1, every time I got the slightest bit of movement.

As it turned out, the next day, she was active all day long, hardly stopping for a break, and that makes me much happier, because the day prior to that I cried all day!

However, the advice on here, is always to phone your midwife if you are really concerned. There's no harm in getting checked over. You've had three kicks in 6 hours, so at least you've had movement. Perhaps eat your spicy meal and have a cold drink, then lay down and if that doesn't get baby moving, get in touch with triage. xx

I had this the over weekend, ended up going to hosp for monitoring, I wasnt feeling little man's kick but in 20 mins they picked up 10 kicks. Strange but put my mind at rest. Xxxxx

I spoke to my midwife about this around 28 weeks, she told me that its natural for babys to be super active one day and super lazy the next :haha: (sorry term super lazy always makes me laugh) If you are really worried I would say call your midwife x

I get days where I dont feel much movement at all and other days when she never stops wriggling....

also, when she is facing my spine, I hardly feel a thing and when she is facing out, I feel her all the time.

Just keep monitoring your situation and if you are worried, give your midwife a call and get checked out.

You should be doing kick counts during your baby's normal active time, by laying on your left side for one hour and paying very close attention for any movement. You should get at least four kicks in an hour. If you do this and are still concerned I would call. Oh and hiccups don't count.

I posted something about this last week Thursday and ended up going to labor and delivery after drinking stuff with sugar, jiggling my belly.. everything.
The minute I got there and laid on my back he went NUTS.. He does not like when I'm on my back. You're probably fine but call your MW just to make sure..

I had this worry just yesterday & I called up the MAU & they told me to come in & get monitored & everything turned out ok & got given a kick chart & its really put my mind at rest I'd give them a call & see what they say

I think I'm going to give them a call. The unit is 50 minutes away though. I'm real itchy to.

Try lying with your bum higher than your head, like on an angle. It will make your baby move a bit. I had this a few weeks ago and was worried so went to the FMU in the hospital and they gave me a scan...he was moving on the scan but I couldn't feel it because of his position.

I bet he's changed position so you just can't feel him/her so trick is to get him to move! If that fails then call the hospital, baby will be fine because you've had movements but you should get peace of mind! x

Well there keeping me overnight and giving me a scan asap in the morning. Hardly any accelerations or movement was picked up on the monitor so guess we will see what more ctg and the scan brings up! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->