Should i?

hi
when you think its right then go on ahead! dont get put off with work they cant fire you for being pregnant and dont they hire people to cover maternity leave sometimes? im sure theyl find a way around it. i dont see how theres anything wrong with trying.
xxx

I would go for it! Try not to let work's opinion affect it - you have to TTC at the right time for you and your partner, no-one else

I wouldn't take work into consideration. Life is too short, you need to do what is right for you and your partner. If you wait for the time to be right in every aspect of your life it may never happen. My opinion, go for it....

Hey hun,

i work in HR so i know that even if you did get pregnant they cant finish you! and will have to pay you maternity pay till the end. dont worry about making him feel bad they should be happy for you.

i say go for it! x

i apologise first if im being rude, but really???? this would never even enter my head! you sound like an amazing employee but i wouldnt even consider how work would feel!

I wouldn't worry about it. It's there problem to sort out any needed cover, not yours. If you're ready to TTC then go for it!

I agree with the ladies above, this is the most important decision in your life, don't let work bother you! :D

x

If you feel ready, you just have to go for it as you don't know how long it will take. don't worry about what your boss thinks, he has no right to be angry with you and I'm sure he won't be. It sometimes happens like that, lots of women get pregnant at the same time - it seems to be like that at my work anyway!! Me and my colleague are ttc around the same time and there's a couple of others thinking about it but if we all get pregnant at the same time then so be it really. Life is too important to put these things on hold just cos you think that your boss might be angry xxx

Speaking as someone who does hire people for various positions, I know that part of my job is to always have a back-up plan in case I need to replace that person for any reason, not just pregnancy. If I don't, then I am not doing my job very well. Dealing with your mat leave is your boss' problem. That's why he gets paid the big bucks and gets authority, because he is in charge of dealing with that stuff. It's part of his job. To express anything other than support to you would be not only unprofessional, it would be violating your human rights in the workplace. You have a human right to reproduce. It's that fundamental.
Don't give it a second thought. TTC away! :)

I agree with all the other ladies, you have to think of yourself and your partner first. Its great that you feel loyalty to your employer but if your ready for trying then go for it, everything will work out with work! Good Luck!

Me and partner are thinking of trying for a baby. However at work we have a woman who is just back from Maternity leave and two others who are due to go on leave in october and november. If i got pregnant straight away as in today my maternity leave would begin february. Im scared that my boss will be angry etc. I really want this . It will be our firstc hild.,

Are we doing right thing in going ahead?

hi! i've been having similar thoughts, as there is someone in my department who is going on mat leave in a couple of weeks..hubby and i have been talking about starting a family lots lately and i too feel a little guilty leaving work short (if i was on mat leave at the same time as my co-worker)..plus i've only been at this job since december..after reading all the posts from the lovely ladies here i realize that i'm being silly...i need to do what is right for hubby and me and our life..yes, my job is a part of my life but starting a family is really important to me and we've been putting it off for too long already..

so i say go for it just like everyone else has said and i'm thinking i'm going to do the same. good luck!! :D

thank you to all these ladies who have helped me rack up enough courage to say up yours to work. lol.

we want a baby so we are. Sounds mean but these ladies already have one this will be my first, why should i wait on them to come back. I will have been here a year in september but will tell them when im about 8 weeks so that would be right. so its not like im loyal. i do love my job and would want to come back but i want my own family too.

Now all i have to do is get enough courage to tel my boss (when i getg pregnant)

me too! we can do it! good luck!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->