• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should I?

Pinkie88

Reaction score
Ordered a Greek salad and asked the people at the restaurant if the feta is pasteurized and they said yes. Can I eat it?

I need an answer from someone who knows since I can't call my doc. Any help? No offense iwantababy :)

20 years ago they ate it and kids turned out ok....that's my thought....one time shouldn't hurt especially if they say its pasturized....enjoy

Thanks. Does anyone know what a doctor would say? I read online many different sources that pasteurized is okay.. I would feel awful if I miscarried just because feta sounds good.. Need more advice.

if they bought their feta from a local grocery store it will be pasteurized. If they say its pasteurized than I'm sure it is-but if you r in doubt...skip it

There is no 'black and white' answer here. Some sources say anything pasturized is absolutely fine, some sources have a limitation of what cheeses are OK, regardless if they are pasturized. My doctor was of the ANYTHING that is pasturized is absolutely fine mentality.

My docor said no on friday and that she would never trust the person telling them its pasteurized unless he was a top chef and made it himself. Worth the risk?

I read on baby center a few women lost their babies from listeria and they only ate hard cheeses. Nothing is safe apparently.

We just had a huge listeria breakout this summer because of Cantaloupe. You can eat the 'safe' cheeses all day long, and still get it because of an improperly washed fruit!!

my doctor told me to avoid unpasteurised cheese, but even then not to worry if you slip up once or twice. people all over the world eat all kinds of stuff all the time. she said it's very difficult to unstick a healthy baby. i think people worry far too much. eat healthily. don't gorge yourself on pate and brie and dodgy looking deli salads. but you're not sick. you need to be able to go out for a meal and enjoy yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"