• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should pushchairs be banned in some public places?

even before that first year though there are alternatives to a buggy, slings aren't suitable for everyone but they are still there. A wrist strap can stop a child running into the road.

I think Foo was making the point that they cant ban wheelchairs because there is no alternative for a wheelchair user while there are options for pram users. And because there is no alternative then that's what makes it not the same situation.

I went to an outside museum where there we acres of walking and they didn't allow pushchairs, I had a 2 year old and 2 month old twins. We left.

I get how pushchairs can be annoying in some circumstances and being a mum of twins I just cannot go some places as my pram will not fit, so I have got used not being able to take it many places, so I doubt a ban would particularly effect me much.

Do you know what I can't understand, when motherhood actually became the 'job' that made you the person that people scorned at because you went out with your child that was crying, or tantruming, because you have a special car parking space, because you want to go out with your buggy to get fresh air and give your child some outdoor time rather than the stressed mummy time that they usually have.

Samantha Brick is just that...thick as a brick! She looks down on motherhood...as a mother herself :shock:

She is an example of how NOT to be a working mother.

I'll go out with a pram (not now as my two are older) but whenever, wherever you want. IT'S A PRAM FFS!

I can understand both sides of the debate. I live in a rural area so can't comment on public transport and can only imagine taking a pram on the tube must be a nightmare for all parties involved!

I agree some people are a menace with push chairs and do act like they have a right to go and do whatever they want, but so are plenty of people who don't have push chairs! Off the top of my head I think one of the things the article says people with push chairs do is stop suddenly to 'adjust their baby' I've had plenty of people with and without push chairs just stop in front of me.

I don't think push chairs should be banned but common sense is needed. Our local Costa is very small so if it's going to be busy (i.e. at peak times) I park close and carry DS or arrange to meet friends somewhere else or at a different time. If I know a place is small then I don't just think 'stuff everyone else' and go in there regardless, I just go somewhere bigger that I know has plenty of room for push chairs.

You get ignorant people with push chairs and without. People do get rammed by push chairs but quite often people just walk into my push chair. It works both ways if you ask me.

The only time I have been like this is when I've been waiting for every Tom, Dick and Harry let me hold the path/queue behind me with no one saying 'oh, your turn'....I get to a certain point and think....yeah right MY TURN I don't think many mums go out with barge attitude *I don't think*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->