Should Scotland be independant?

I am all for devolution, especially since the present government came into power. The oil will not last for ever but it will help to get us started. Our NHS is stronger and much fairer to our NHS workers (SNP have vowed not to raise pensions 50% so that 3.25% OF THEIR WAGE GOES TO TREASURY).

Scotland has it's fair share of problems though but I would rather deal with them 'in-house' than asking permission from westminster to instate policies on how to deal with drugs, sectarianism etc.

Scotland is a lovely place, I would encourage anyone to visit and I believe the majority now want devolution. I think you will find scottish people a lot more willing to pay more in taxes if the money is staying in Scotland.

Regarding the news and weather; early morning on BBC, for some strange reason, they show UK news then tell viewers they are going to regional areas THEN we get London news. weather and traffic. Why oh why do I need to know how the right hand lane of the M25 is moving when I am sitting in Edinburgh???

It really annoys me that Scotland would never vote for a Tory govt, but we still end up with one.

It's hard in Northern Ireland - we can't even vote for any of the big 3 parties, yet they are still our government.

You have to remember that most of the north sea oil rigs are owned by Arabs and other countries. I live in Scotland and don't think it would be good to go independent

I don't know anyone who has been made redundant up here :shrug: I live in Edinburgh. There are loads of jobs.
I know plenty. My industry has been decimated any the company I work for has laid off numerous staff in both Edinburgh and Glasgow.

my husband works in the oil industry in scotland and there are no way as many jobs as a few yrs ago

oh is this still here.. is scotland not independent yet ... BEAT IT ! lol :haha::haha: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->