Should They Advertise BFing on TV?

i would LOVE to see all the formula adverstisments stopped and relaced with breastfeeding advertisments, and them to include older children to be breastfeeding, and tongue tied babies and public breastfeeding etc to raise awareness and 'put it out there'.... but it will never in a million years happen

i would LOVE to see all the formula adverstisments stopped and relaced with breastfeeding advertisments, and them to include older children to be breastfeeding, and tongue tied babies and public breastfeeding etc to raise awareness and 'put it out there'.... but it will never in a million years happen

I don't see why formula advertisements would need to be stopped?? Some women have to formula feed, and I don't see anything wrong with having information about what products are available.

I agree there should be more expose to normalise BFing. There is a huge gap of conscious knowledge and acceptance when it comes to BFing. It barely gets any air time even on fictional programmes.

Formula feeding education can and should solely be done by health professionals - these advertisements line the pockets of those who produce the milk and it doesn't circulate back into the community where support is vital to all mums.

I will repeat what i believe i have already said in here... I dont think any amount of BF advert is going to change certain peoples minds, those who come from all family of FF's per say where they are told is discusting etc.. I also dont think a formula advert would make someone who wants to BF go hmm wow look formula! Ill use that.. Just because i see a Polo car on a tv advert does not make me want to buy it no matter how cheap it is IYKWIM?

I agree there should be more expose to normalise BFing. There is a huge gap of conscious knowledge and acceptance when it comes to BFing. It barely gets any air time even on fictional programmes.

Formula feeding education can and should solely be done by health professionals - these advertisements line the pockets of those who produce the milk and it doesn't circulate back into the community where support is vital to all mums.

Just because breastmilk is free doesn't mean that formula companies shouldn't make a profit; it costs to make formula and everyone needs to make a living. :shrug: In my opinion, as long as they are advertising ethically and not suggesting that formula is the same as breastmilk (which I have yet to see a recent advertisement make this assertion), I honestly don't see the problem with it. And advertisements are paid for by the companies producing the milk. Advertisers purchase tv spots. The ones who really are profiting off of these are the tv networks that choose to air them.

I would really love to see some BF advertisements in the US. I've never seen a one, which is sad.

Yeah I agree that formula ads should be severely restricted. They may not say outright that it is the same as BM but there are alot of subliminal messages going on there eg the wording of some their ads. Very unethical marketing tactics IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->