should tommy be smiling??? PLEASE LOOK AT PICTURES

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
Im getting worried as tommy isnt smiling...he only smiles when he has wind and he looks gorgeous so i wish he would do it for real...He follows my hand and coloured toys so i know he can see but he doesnt really focus on me/us..is this normal do you think for his age?

I had a guy come out to see him yesterday, *im not sure of his title i can never remember* This guy treats animals and humans and has treated my hip/back problems with fabulous effects, hes like a chiropractor massages clicks and clunks his way about lol

he came to see tommy and said he has very bad congestion mostly on his left side, which is why he is so greedy, is windy and brings so much milk back up, he said his diaphragm needed to be realligned and his blood flow, he said he is looking and following us but he is so uncomfortable hes finding it hard to concentrate! he did this and said he has improved by 60% and will be back next wednesday which will hopefully mean hes ok, he said he will be niggly for a day or so but i should start to see improvements in 48 hours...I really hope so as today he has been very unsettled...

he made me take 3 photos of tommy and said the 1st shows the congestion on his left side (im sure he said its longer and more square than the right hand side of his face) *as if were lookin at him*

the 2nd shows the squareness of his head and congestion from above (his right but lookin from our perspective our left)

and the 3rd is after the treatment...can any of you see a difference?? apart from his gooney face bless him

h x

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/haylebop/grump.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/haylebop/head.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/haylebop/tongue.jpg

Hiya! Tommy is gorgeous and I do notice a difference in the before and after pictures.

It says that Tommy was 5 weeks early and he's now 5 weeks old. Most babies smile between 4-6 weeks, but as your little guy was early, it will probably take a little longer to happen. This is totally normal. You'll probably find that he takes slightly longer to do other developmental things, but again this is normal for a premature baby. As he gets older, he will catch up to his peers. I think it can normally take 1-2 years for them to catch up developmentally. As he was 5 weeks early, you can view him now as being a newborn as that what he would be if he was born on time. I'm sure his vision is just fine.:D

Hi

I was just going to say the same thing as lady3. Charlotte and Thomas were 4 weeks early. I just checked and they were 7-8 weeks old before they smiled.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Helen

x

An osteopath maybe?

And with his adjusted age being 5 week, he should be smiling in no time x

I can defnitely notice the difference. What does this guy do? I also want someone to check out my boy.Please find out what his occupation is and let me know...Skyler suffers from reflux and bad sleeping. Maybe it can be fixed by special massage?

I love that bottom photo! It's like he's telling you what he thinks of it all - bless him he's gorgeous!

I can defnitely notice the difference. What does this guy do? I also want someone to check out my boy.Please find out what his occupation is and let me know...Skyler suffers from reflux and bad sleeping. Maybe it can be fixed by special massage?

hi ya,

im sure its a craniak osteopath but hes coming back next wednesday so ill ask him again for you, i would deffinately recommend seeing someone, I saw him for my back and hip problem and he improved me sooo much, also a few of my friends with problems have seen him and the results have been amazing, someone else i know has a baby with reflux, very bad colic and constipation, he was treated and 3 days later the results were fabulous!!

i will keep you updated

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"