should we ttc?

Carolina

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive been on here a couple of times before. Ive been living with OH for over 4 years. Hes got a full time job and im doing a 1 year masters course to help me get a good job and ive a part time job. We are both mid 20s.
Ive always had painful periods but despite being on the pill theyve become increasing painful and heavy lasting 5-8 days. My doc thinks i might have endometriosis. I have an autoimmune disease and therefore theres and increased chance that i could have this condition. I came off the pill a couple of months ago because my symptoms have been worse since i have been on a certain pill. I wanted to come off it to see if maybe it was my body reacting badly to the pill brand but unfortunatley not!
I get bloody clots coming out everytime i urinate (when i have my period) sometimes theres 4 or 5 in one go. This time there was also a white thing that looked like a jelly fish come out (not discharge)! (sorry i know this is graphic)!
Every month a panic more as my symtoms are gettin worse! Ive had to failed attempts at a smear in the last 2 months the 1st couldnt be done as I had thrush and was very sore, the second time the doc managed to get some swabs but said I was still inflamed. The swabs came back negative for anything like STDs and im getting my 3rd attempt at a smear this week.
Anyways the said theyd refer me to gyno after the smear and then they might do a laproscopy to find out.
Due to the nature of the condition i know it will only get worse the longer i leave it to ttc. Im worried by the time a get a lap. done that it will be too late! Ive been really broody for the last year and we probably would have started ttc in a year or so.
Do you think it would be stupid to start ttc after christmas before i know whether or not I have the condition? Ive always wanted kids soo much and i dont want to take any risk of not being able to have them. Plus has anyone else gone through this or had similar symptoms?

Sorry for the waffle just not sure what to do for the best!

Hi Carolina

Up to 2 months ago, my periods were extremely painful. I would have to wear a heating pad all the time on my lower back and abdomen. I needed to take some OTC pain meds and it helped a little. I would have lots of clotting during as well and can never wear a tampon. My cycles were long & irregular and once I even had my period for 2 months. I am overweight (200 lbs) and I read how being overweight can effect your hormone (estrogen) levels. It suggests that losing even 10% of your body can help. So I went on a diet and since lost 25 lbs (still counting!). I also made sure I drank at least 10 lbs a day. I was a horrible eater (fast fatty foods). Now I eat really healthy and cook for myself. It made all the difference in the world for me. I noticed the difference immediately that cycle. No pain, and maybe a clot or two. This month is the first time I ovulated in a few months as well. I hope this information will help you.

Thanks for the info! but my bmi is 21, ive aways been a healthy weight and ive been eating a lot healthier aswell the last 6months but it hasnt made any diffrence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->