Should've read the signs...

minni2906

Mommy to Emily
Reaction score
It started at the first u/s. Baby was measuring 6w2d and should've been 8w1d. But the heartbeat was there. And strong. 139bpm. My doctor told me that once there's a heartbeart the miscarriage risk drops significantly. I carried on, happy, excited. Saw my doc again at (by new dates) 10w2d and she couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler so I was sent for an u/s. It was confirmed. Baby stopped growing at 7w3d. According to the pictures, there was a clot in the umbilical cord. I should've known at that first u/s that something wasn't right.

Scheduled a D&C for Friday but I started spotting today. My doc rescheduled me for tomorrow. This pain is so intense. And that's not even counting the emotional pain. I just want it to be done so we can try again and be happy again. Is it wrong to feel that way?

First of all, big hugs to you hun and I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Nobody can tell you how to feel or what's normal - we all grieve in our own ways - so it's not wrong at all. I felt very similar during the early stages of my last miscarriage and felt really guilty afterwards, but I think it's a part of the grieving process.

Wishing you luck with your D&C and I hope you find some peace soon. :hugs:

Thank you. I feel somewhat guilty about it as well. I feel like wanting to move forward so quickly, I'm not giving enough attention to losing my little nugget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->