Showering after birth...

I had a shower about an hour and half after my DD was born (after the skin to skin and all her obs had been done), and it was sooo good to wash my hair and freshen up. I hadn't had an epidural and was able to walk and stand in the shower just fine. So to have it in your birth plan is certainly not unrealistic.

i had an emcs after 32 hours of labour, they actually forced me to take a shower as soon as everything wore off, which was only a few hours later.

After labouring for 24 hours, pushing for 2 then it taking over an hr to deliver the placenta, I still got up & had a shower almost straight away (I had an hr skin on skin & first bf while trying to push the placenta out then passed LO to OH to have skin on skin while I had a quick shower.) my delivery involved a lot of blood so I had to shower off before walking through the maternity wing to get to the room I was staying in.

I went for a pee and had a body shower (didn't wash hair) both times as soon as first bf was in and placenta out! Gave daddy 10 mins of skin to skin too, which was nice! I wasn't wobbly at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->