Sibling names for Amelia

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
DD's name is Amelia Marie and we don't know if baby is a boy or girl yet but still trying to brainstorm some names! For a boy, he would have Matthew as a middle name after his father and for a girl I would like the middle name to be Lana after my grandmother.

Girl:
Leah Lana
Abigail Lana (although DH said no more A names, mine starts with A too)
Cora Lana (DH's favorite although I don't love it)

Boy:
Logan Matthew
Wyatt Matthew
Harvey Matthew (not a fan but it's DH's addition to the list)

Thoughts or add ons? :)

For a boy, I like Logan Matthew.

For a girl, I like Abigail Lana from your list the most.

Leah and Cora, I think, don't really flow well with the middle name Lana. Not sure why, but probably because they are the same length? Or maybe it just bothers me that Leah and Lana both start with the same letter, and Cora and Lana both end with the same letter. It all just sounds too same-y to me. Do you have any other options for girl's names?

For a boy, I like Logan Matthew.

For a girl, I like Abigail Lana from your list the most.

Leah and Cora, I think, don't really flow well with the middle name Lana. Not sure why, but probably because they are the same length? Or maybe it just bothers me that Leah and Lana both start with the same letter, and Cora and Lana both end with the same letter. It all just sounds too same-y to me. Do you have any other options for girl's names?

I know, I'm not a fan of it either. So far I don't have other girl names, my favorite is Abigail and Leah, but DH vetoed Abigail. I don't think Leah Elena or Cora Elena sound any better either. But I really would like to use Elena or Lana for a middle name after my grandmother.

Although she went by Ellen her whole life because she hated the name Elena. Does Leah Ellen or Cora Ellen sound better?

Elena is much prettier than Lana imo. My youngest is called Ellen (although we call her Nellie) so I obviously love that too.

I love Abigail Elena or Abigail Lana and Logan Matthew

We have 3 A names in our house too!

Haha well I will keep Abigail Elena on my list, *if* baby is a girl, maybe it'll take months for DH to come around to Abigail like it did for him to come around to the name for Amelia.

DH's biggest problem with Abigail and Amelia is they're sister geese in the Disney movie Aristocats. :haha:

Would you not consider Elena as a first name? Elena Abigail?

I don't really want it as a first name. One reason is I could see family getting confused. For the longest time both DH's grandmothers thought Amelia was Emelia, I think if we through in Elena they would say Alana and switch back to Emelia :dohh: That's maybe silly thinking but it's not my favorite for a first name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->