Sibling names too similar?

Tishybabe

Reaction score
Hi there,

We love to discuss names, and our top choice for a girl has a similar ending to DD1.

Would you name your third child Violet if her older sister was Charlotte?

Thanks ladies!

I would. My kids' names rhyme (although only on the -a ending) and I was wondering whether that would be an issue before we named our second but it honestly never comes up. I figure they'll use their individual names a whole lifetime but they'll only be named together as a sib set for a few short years.

My daughter has sibling friends called Charlotte and Violet. I have a Ruby and love the name Lucy!

Thanks ladies,

Amygdala, that's true! I didn't think about it that way!

I've heard sibling names much more common than those. My brother and I both have names that start as "Chris.." and sister cousins of mine are Anna and Annette. I actually think your two names sound quite beautiful together :)

Thank you Daneuse! I really don't want to regret the names I choose. And DH is super picky.

I think they go beautiful together - wouldn't have noticed a similarity.

I think they sound great together! Good luck convincing DH.

I think both are lovely and no reason siblings can't have similar sounds in their names.

My hubby is fighting me on a middle name. Our daughter is Faith Rose and if we have a girl i'd like Aria Rose or Annabelle Rose, but he doesn't want to use the same middle name.

We just have to work harder to get through the thick skulls of men!

I have never thought of them being similar, both are beautiful names :flower:

I think they sound great together. They don't sound similar at all imo:)

You ladies are the best! Thanks for the reassurance. DH is now on board! He liked the name from the beginning, just had doubts.

I don't want to tell others in case they give me reasons to doubt. It's so hard to tune out other people's opinions...

I think they sound lovely together! I often think about the same thing, but then like a pp said, it's their own name and for most of their lives they won't be said together x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->