Sick of hearing it!

diva4180

Reaction score
I know people mean well when they say "be thankful you have one" but dammit, I'm tired of hearing it!! Whether or not I have more kids I will ALWAYS be thankful for my son period, considering he was a preemie and everything else for God's sake. Sometimes I think people really are stupid :hissy: I know they mean well but come on. I love my son dearly and could never imagine him not in my life, and OF COURSE I am thankful for him, and no I can't explain why I want more children, I just feel that need that women get at a certain time in their lives, call it maternal or whatever. Grrr. Sorry, rant over, just that someone said that to me yesterday (again) and it's been festering.

oh diva i wish i could be next to you hon...i wish ..:hugs:

ps: i could punch them in the face like that for you :)

All of a sudden we are selfish for wanting more than one or two or more... I know, I hear it all the time too. It makes me feel like my feelings aren't valid.

Yeah i understand too, im eternally grateful for my son, but also have an overwhelming yearning for another. Lets rant together!! :hissy:

:hug:

All of a sudden we are selfish for wanting more than one or two or more... I know, I hear it all the time too. It makes me feel like my feelings aren't valid.
I've seen people say they have been called selfish for only wanting one :shock:

Of course your greatful you have your little girl/boy but thats not for someone else to say in these circumstances like its ok then.

Sometimes I think it's a case of never knowing what to say and end up saying one of the worst comments you care to hear without realising it.

x

I think so too. That's why I feel bad initially for being angry at the responses I get (and it's not like the whole world knows we are trying for another, just a couple close friends, which makes it worse I think coming from them) b/c I know they don't mean it to come out that way, but then after thinking about it it's like, well people can't control how they feel, you can't just switch your feelings on and off. So I can't help feeling this way. I don't know.

Sometimes I think it's a case of never knowing what to say and end up saying one of the worst comments you care to hear without realising it.

Yes, I think so too...most of the time anyways. I never say anything back to people who say stuff, except maybe "well, why wouldn't I be thankful for the children I already have" and that usually makes them realize that had a d'oh moment.

:hissy:I get it all the time well at least you have one! I just smile and then say but why shouldn't I want/have anymore? Peeps have even said it about my 2x m/c's :awww:

I don't think there is anything wrong at all for wanting more that one child...I think it is totally natural!!

My mum thinks one is enough and keeps telling me to wait when ever I tell her we'd like another one!! :hissy:

I'm running out of time and I actually want another 2-3...some may say that is selfish as I will be an older mum....but it's what I want and I know that me and DH and DS can give them a loving family, so what is wrong with that?

I feel the same, i would love to have two more also. :)

well im ok bout how many kids any1 wants .....i want 2 n i aint even got 1 yet!!! but im not guna take it out on some 1 that already has 1-2kids!!! how silly !!!!

i feckin hear ya there.
well you have the perfect family 1 boy and 1 girl im like so I want 2 more, I lost so many, and Im still grieving, I wish people would stop thinking of the obvious and think about what if it were them? Like, yea theres people out there who can barely even have one. But it hurts when you find out, no matter how old you are, or how many kids you got or dont got, that you cant concieve anymore or you keep having miscarriage after miscarriage.:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->