Sick of the 'BIG BABY' comments

**Claire**

Reaction score
Well, I took Bethany into work today and if one more person says to me 'Oh isn't she big and heavy' I think I'll scream.

She was 8lb 7oz when she was born and she's now 14lb at 10 1/2 weeks old. She's nicely following the 91st line in her growth chart and the HV hasn't said she's too big, if anything they've been commenting on how well she's doing.

It just gets on my wick how people make these comments as if I'm over feeding her or as if she's a freak because she's perhaps bigger than your average 10 week old. She's happy and healthy and that's all that matters.

Stoopid people, how would they like it if I let rip on how big and fat they all are :hissy: (They aren't really but it would make me feel better if I could say that to them :blush:)

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now I've let it all out :shrug:

Aw, they likely don't think your overfeeding her! I have a 26 pound 5.5 month old and get those comments all the time!! It just means shes healthy!! What bugs me is when old ladies walk byy and say "oh what a fat baby you have got" just because it could be put in nicer terms... Don't worry your doing fine!

aww hun :hug: some people are so rude x as long a bethany is happy and healthy stuff the rest of um x

Everyone says that to me about Jayden, they assume he is 9 or 10 months old but he is only 4 months old lol ... i get sick of it too sometimes so i just say no he isn't big at all! x

just ignore them hun, i get the total opposite. someone actually acused me of starving her :O

as long as she's happy and healthy then can all get stuffed :hugs:

I know they probably don't realise how hurtful they are being but its constantly being said by everyone.

I took Bethany to the clinic to get weighed on Wednesday and one of the women there asked how old she was and when I said 10 weeks straight away she said 'I though she was much older than that, she's massive!!'

Maybe it's just me but I never make a comment on how big a baby is, even if they are small I don't say 'oh isn't he/she tiny' I always have nice comments to say like how gorgeous they are, I'm definitely the type of person who thinks before I speak!!

:hug: I know how you feel, Hannah was 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth and we've always gotten the "big" comments. You have a healthy baby, that's all that matters :hugs:

aww dont let it get you down u know what people are like

I am starting to get these "big baby" comments too. Chase is just over 2 months old and I weighed him a few days ago. He's now about 13.8 lbs.

:hugs: its so rude honey :hugs: people can be the same with madd, she was 9lb 3 and half at birth! :grr: big hugs to you :hugs: x x x

Yeah, I do, I'm just overly sensitive about it, I'd hate to be the next person who says it to me, I don't know how much longer I can control myself :blush:

I feel the same. Erin was only 6lb 12oz at birth but now at 16 weeks she is 14lb 6oz. She started off on the 25th line but jumped up and is following half way between the 50th and 75th line. HV is really pleased with her but I always get the comments about how heavy / chubby she is. I think she looks really healthy and very cute with the baby fat.

I had this happen once when i went shopping with my lil cousin luca hes 10 weeks and is 15 lbs a lady said " wow hes big" and i well responded " wow your big " lol she didnt appriciate it too much and gave me the look so i said " you can answer he cannot so think how he feels for a second lol im just blunt sorry

Yeah, I do, I'm just overly sensitive about it, I'd hate to be the next person who says it to me, I don't know how much longer I can control myself :blush:

:rofl: eek I would really hate to be the next person who says it to you seeing how annoyed you are about it... It does bug me when MIL says about how big she is because she goes on to say how she will be tubby like her daddy:growlmad:

I had this happen once when i went shopping with my lil cousin luca hes 10 weeks and is 15 lbs a lady said " wow hes big" and i well responded " wow your big " lol she didnt appriciate it too much and gave me the look so i said " you can answer he cannot so think how he feels for a second lol im just blunt sorry
:rofl::rofl::rofl: My best friend is blunt too... that is one of the things I love about her!!

Awww she's not big, she's healthy, ignore them all, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your baby girl.

I get comments about Jacks weight too, but never anything really bad, just things like 'he's a big boy isn't he?' & 'I thought he was older than 6 mths'. In fact the only hurtful comment came from DHs gran who said he was fat, but she is ancient & a bit doolally & said she only ever picked her children up to feed them:saywhat: so I don't take any notice:rofl:

Haha, I like your style!! I think I might use this in future :happydance:

Rileys 21lb11oz at 7 n half months and everyone tells me hes huge but i love his lil chubby legs and his double chin lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->