Sick of the 'BIG BABY' comments

Jess was 10lb 1oz at birth so I have had a fair few big baby comments myself. It does get you down after a while but we have to bite our tongue!

I've seen 1yr olds smaller than Colton.. and lots of them. I have a 14-15 month old niece who is the same size as Colton!
Colton was 9lbs 14 at birth; now about 24-25lbs.

not sure what to say because i get that comment every day! everywhere I go and almost everyone I meet.
My baby is about 17lbs at 2 months and 3 weeks old.
I hate most when MIL said i overfeed him and he;s TOO BIG. She said he doesn't need that much food. I breastfeed only and i don't see that's a problem. OH is a big guy and I come from a BIG ( size ) family ( I'm asian but very tall, a lot more than average ) So i don't expect little baby.
Damn ..she's coming next month

if they say u over feed.. what u supposed to do let em bloody starve windes me up!

i get that all the time with Tyler and sometimes people are rude with how they say it i had an old lady at the dr comment how big he was and then heard her say to the lady beside her have a look at the size of the legs on it! i was not happy he's not an it and hes just fine i love chubby babies.

I get the "BIG" Comments all the time, and u know what fuck them. My lil boy is healthy and happy and thats the main thing :) XXX

I notice alot of the comments come from older people who had kids back in 50-60's or from a younger crew who has NO KIDS

babies grow at there own rate who people can shove it

Yup, I get the big thing as well, I have to say that my bubs is already 60cms (2ft) so really is very long!!! She weighs 13lbs 10oz (she was 9lbs 15oz at birth) but in my eyes she has to weigh more otherwise she would look like a skeleton!!! I can admit that she doesn't look like a newborn but your all right, people don't generally walk up to adults and say, 'god, what chubby legs' so why is it exceptable to say it to a defenceless baby!!! I think if people have nothing nice to say they should keep their gobs shut, and I will defo use the 'your big' comment next time!!!! He He!! x

Everyone kept calling Caitlyn "fat" when she was on the 91st percentile! It pissed me off so much! She is down to 75th now and no one says anything anymore.. Thank God!

my SIL was the opposite with our niece.... she always used to get the little comments!! She felt like she wasnt feeding her enough and corrected the comments to petite....!!

I think with most ppl its not meaning to come across as nasty... but its the same as the pregnancy comments isnt it!?!!?

my little girl is quite small like her cousin but I know I feed her and shes gaining weight nicely and HV is pleased so screw the comments!!

Try not to let the comments get to you :hugs:

We get the opposite and people say my isn't your baby small, around 4months? It drives me mad as Jasmine is 9months old but was a small baby

I think babies that are nice and chubby are so damn cute!! Only your HV can tell you whether your baby is too big or too small.

I get it too - Finlay was only 6lb 13 at birth but wen I got him weighed last week at 9 weeks he was 12lb 13oz - am not arsed anymore wat people think I know he is healthy and the HV are happy with him so everyone else can just stick there comments!! lol. :happydance:

I get them too cos Chloe has put on so much- she was 6lbs 12 at birth but now over 15lbs (probably 16 by now). Everyone goes on about how much she's put on so quick. I have to remind people that she was induced early so was the 'wrong weight' at birth. Its hurtful though, people imply that I've been overfeeding her

People are so stooopid ignore them! Leo was 8lbs and the MW came round when he was born and said " wow what a porker!" I cant see any fat on him any where! Silly people!

Hey Claire, don't let them get to you, I wouldn't worry one bit. Doc told me Gabbi was heavier than she should be, feed her every 3 hours, BUT I changed from that as it was too soon. Mum knows best, that's what I say!!!!

Just to ask, what is the average growth for a baby?????
Gabbi was 3.060 kgs 6lbs 7 oz when she was born (2 weeks early and hadn't grown for 2 weeks before birth), at 5 weeks she was 4.7 kgs and is 8 weeks (tomorrow) and is approx 5.3 kgs 11 lbs 3 oz. She has chubby cheeks and a double chin but what baby doesn't??!!!

If it helps at all, Brayden is 5 months old and 14 lbs - that's 25% (or maybe less) and I *still* get all these comments about how "big" he is.

yeah, ok, maybe for a 2 month old, but he's not 2 months!

Star

ya people tell me my LO is big too, he was born only 3.2 kilos but hes very long and looks a lot older than he is. People are insensitive, it would be funny if one day we shot back at one of the commenters and said, how would you like it if i commented on your weight?

My LO is putting on a lb a week so far eeek!! Thats rubbish fun hun, should just ignore people :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->