Sick sibling around later term prem?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
My 2yo has just come down with a cold. Panic!! What should I do, will my early baby get really sick from a cold you think?

He's 6 days old and was born at 35 weeks no issues came straight home, has slight jaundice and is breastfeeding very well. X

I'd say try your best to keep sheets, clothes, and toys washed, give your two year old plenty of OJ and citrus fruits (Vitamin C!), and keep him away from the baby. But the reality of the situation is it's SO HARD to keep germs from circulating throughout the house without completely quarantining one child. Sigh. I have twins and when one gets sick, my husband and I brace ourselves for everyone else getting sick, too.

If your baby does get the cold, I'd say just keep an eye out that it doesn't go to his chest and he doesn't start wheezing. Colds are pretty hard on little one's bodies (I speak from experience!).

My 34 weeker (had to spend almost 2 weeks in SCBU due to e.coli sepsis) who is now almost 4 weeks old has just came down with a cold thanks to Ds but it can't be helped. Thats even with Ds washing hands, using antibacterial Wipes/gels etc. X

Coming from personal experience (my late term preemie was a 36 weeker) keep him as far away as you can if you can and hand washing etc needs to be done in n OCD fashion.
I realise what happened to my little one was just really bad luck (although there were other babies there with the same. .he was the youngest) but it did all start out with jst the common cold xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->