Sick with formula

MummaMoo

Mum to my gorgeous girl!
Reaction score
I've recently decided to start my LG on formula, starting with a bed time bottle. It took her a few days to get used to it (had a few days of bellyache and stinky farts) but it settled after a week. As my own milk supply is easing off, I'm giving more formula, but it's still a relatively small amount, the most she will take at one time is 160ml (about 5oz) which doesn't seem much at all for a 5month old. That's not worrying me too much as she never nursed for long on the boob.
My question is, is it normal for her to throw up a lot as she's getting used to being on more formula? If it is, how long does it usually take to settle? She doesn't seem to be in pain so I don't think it's causing a reflux flare up. She had reflux when younger but that improved massively as she's gotten older.
Her poos are like a .... Camel colour with little white lumps in it - I figure the lumps are the milk powder, does that sound right?
If she stopped the throwing up I'd consider the switch a success, just wondering if it's normal or could it be an intolerance or something.... any ideas/opinions?

My LO will throw up if she has a gas bubble that's stopping the milk going down. We have stopped it by burping every 1 or 2 ounces and keeping her upright after the feed for about 20 mins. If we lay her down to change her or sleep too quickly she will sick the milk back up straight away.

Yeah I do stop and burp her, she can be sick quite a while after she's fed.
I'm wondering if she just can't handle too much quantity wise, she'll take on too much and then sick up until she's got a comfortable amount in her stomach. I don't know, I'm just trying to think of all the possible reasons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->