Sickness and headaches

Little Monkey

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Hi :hi:

I have been having really bad morning sickness/nausea all day including wakening up during the night to be sick. I have tried all sorts toast, ginger etc but its doesnt help. On top of that I have been having really bad headaches and feeling light headed/dizzy and extreamly tired all the time. OH had to take a few days off work last week because I was that bad also didnt help I had really bad back and couldnt move. Has anyone else felt like this. I only had slight morning sickness with my 3 boys but definatly (sp?) paying for it this time.

I was just reading last night about an old wives tale (that some think there is actual truth to) that bad morning sickness means you're having a girl. So maybe this is a sign your 3 boys will have a sister!

I wish I knew what to tell you...other than that I've learned that saltine crackers are my best friend!!! If it's really bad, I would talk to your doc and see if they can get you any medicine that can help! I imagine that the exhaustion of pregnancy coupled with the dehydration of being so sick is contributing to your headaches. Can you drink sips of water or chew on ice chips without getting sick? That might help with the dehydration and maybe headaches...

I know exactly how you feel, have had exactly the same. The headaches and dizziness will probably be because you are hungry and dehydrated. However if you are anything like me, i found it impossible to eat because i was being so sick and nothing helped, and I couldn't even drink water. Unfortuneatly nothing helped me either, dry crackers, ginger etc all just made me more ill.
My miracle that has helped me through and kept me alive is original lucozade. I have a really small glass and give myself 30minutes to sip it. Because its an energy drink it helped to keep my energy levels up and because it is slightly fizzy it wasn't to heavy on my stomach.
Hope this helps a little, but you are not alone, at some points I feel like giving up. :) Hope you feel better soon xx

I was just reading last night about an old wives tale (that some think there is actual truth to) that bad morning sickness means you're having a girl. So maybe this is a sign your 3 boys will have a sister!

I wish I knew what to tell you...other than that I've learned that saltine crackers are my best friend!!! If it's really bad, I would talk to your doc and see if they can get you any medicine that can help! I imagine that the exhaustion of pregnancy coupled with the dehydration of being so sick is contributing to your headaches. Can you drink sips of water or chew on ice chips without getting sick? That might help with the dehydration and maybe headaches...

I'm so annoyed we don't get saltine crackers in england, I have looked everywhere, but apparantly they are an american brand. Very jealous, lol xx

Saltine crackers, are a form of Ritz biscuits over here.

As for bad sickness = a girl.....I sailed thru my first pregnancy and had a girl, my last pregnancy was hell & I ended up in hospital because of the sickness, I had a boy. Although as your symptoms are different from your pregnancies with boys, that could be a girl sign ;) but who knows?

As for the morning sickness, try if you can to eat small regular meals packed with protein. Make sure you stay hydrated, drink plenty. If it gets too bad, go to see your GP.

I hope you are feeling better soon hun! :hugs:x

if your sickness is very bad tell your doc - my friend was given some suppositories she claimed were brilliant - 15 minutes later and she was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->