Sickness & Changing Formula Advice / Experience Needed Please

pumpkim

Reaction score
When we stopped BF I started with Aptamil as that's what LO had in hospital when we were topping him up and he was fine on it. Once we started with full feeds on Aptamil he was throwing up the whole feed after every feed and after speaking to the HV we thought it could be reflux but she suggested trying another brand of formula first before anything else. I decided to go with Hipp Organic because I'd only read good things on here and I liked the idea of organic. Instead of stopping Aptamil straight away I finished the tub and LO actually seemed to settle down on it, with only small amounts of sick now and then (what I'd consider normal), however I'd already bought Hipp and was decided on the fact that that's what I wanted him to have going forward so I swapped BUT the awful vomitting started again :nope:

I assumed he just needed to get used to it like he did with Aptamil but it's gone on for much longer now (although not every feed but at least half of them) I really don't think he has reflux as he has no signs of discomfort except for the moment immediately before he vomits then he's fine again. I just don't think it agrees with him but I'm scared to mess him about and make it worse by swapping back to Aptamil. Do I persevere with Hipp and hope he settles, but for how long :shrug: or should I go back to Aptamil and hope we don't end up back at square one?

I'm so mad at myself for swapping when things had settled :dohh:

Any advice or similar experiences?

Not all babies with reflux have discomfort, some are just sick, its all to do with some valve in the stomach (can't remember the name for it) not being mature enough to hold the milk down, which is why it comes flowing back up.

Its so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it?

How long has he been on the hipp for? x

It's been about a week and a half on Hipp. He was on Aptamil for one week and settled after 3 or 4 days...

The sickness started after a couple of days....

We had a bad night last night and more of the same this morning, with the addition of watery sickness continuing after he'd brought up all the milk :nope: beginning to think it is reflux after all. I'm going to the Baby clinic shortly so I'll ask there what they think I should do for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"