Sickness out of control 10weeks

kariss

Reaction score
Hi all,
I always knew I would be a sicky person! I'm quite sicky anyway let alone when pregnant.
It's been on and off since 6 weeks - at first I could control it with eating...it eased off about 9 weeks for a few days but now it's come so bad!
I'm scared to move! I'm fine when I'm lay still but as soon as I move the vomiting begins!
I've had to have 4 days off work in total now as I can't function when feeling so sick, my job is quite demanding and I'm constantly running around which obviously just makes it worse!
I've been to see my gp who prescribed me some tablets but I'd rather not take them as there not 100% safe in pregnancy. Obviously if I was becoming dehydrated etc and the baby was at risk I would but for the time beings I won't...

I've tried eating small and regular I've tried the sickness bands (that don't work at all?!) I just don't know what else to do!

I'm praying it eases off soon as I go into 2nd trimester but I've heard horror stories of it continuing and my gp also said it might not go :cry:

I don't really know what I'm asking but is anyone the else? What are you doing to control it? I'm dreading going back to work Monday I don't know how I'll cope :cry:

I'm the same hun.
I'd love to say it'll get better soon but I currently see no light at the end of the tunnel lol.
Some days I'm sick 10+ some days 3-4 times.
Nausea is constant.
Iv been prescribed many different things.. Phenergan, cyclizine, buccal as I was near dehydrated.
But they haven't stopped me being sick.
Try to rest as much as you possible can, fluid is the most important thing.
I'm really enjoying Apple tango at the moment, may not be the healthiest but better than nothing!!
Major hugs xx

With my son I had hypermesis from 6 - 19 weeks :-(
I was prescribed something from an obgyne which i cant remember the name now , but they assured me they WERE safe to take. Tbh they were my saviour , it didnt take it away fully but enough i could actualy eat and not vomit 10x a day . Without them I would have had been in and out of hospital with dehydration. For me it was my sence of smell , I only had to walk in the kitchen and i would gag :-( . I was ok on waking up , the second I got up the nausea would hit :-(. I lost weight in the first few months - which was fine I'm not remotley small any way but that shows you how bad it was. I survived a banana and slice of jam on toast a day for a good few months.
Then suddenly around 19 weeks , i felt kind of normal again .
Despite all that , my son was and is perfectly healthy , he weighed 9lbs 15oz !!!
They would not give you medication if there werent sure it was safe , no medication , pregnant or not can be labled 100 safe , so if they ease it for you take them.

I'm waiting for it to hit me :-( , every pregnancy I have had ive had hypermesis so yeah just a matter of time :-(

I had hypermesis with my last 2 pregnancies threw up all day everyday from 4-28 weeks I know that is not reasurring but in the end I just got use to it and accepted it. I use to take sick bags with me every where I went as there were many times I didnt make it to the toilet. I had a great incident at the airport where I just made it into the cubical but I threw up all over the wall and floor lol it wasnt one of my finest moments. This time round I have been sick from day one again but I am now 11 weeks and it is easing off. I hope this happens for you also and I hope I am not speaking to soon for myself. It can be really hard at first so I feel for you.
nothing helped me at all last time people kept saying try this try that it will go by this many weeks but it was not the case for me.
This time though all I can eat for breakfast is plain teddy bear biscuits lol I know soooo healthy right and plain food. Nothing adventurous and no flavoured drink other than soda water with some blackcurrent cordial in it. I hope you can find what you can stomach big hugs to you hun

I feel your pain! At 9 weeks I though it was subsiding but last week (10 weeks) it came back in full force and I just couldn't handle it :(

I've also had a tummy bug this week so you can imagine how crap I've been feeling!!

I am just praying it goes at 12 weeks like it did with my first two but I have been much worse this time so no telling really ..

It's actually nice to know others are feeling as bad as me (sorry!) as I have a couple of friends that are currently preg and haven't had ANY nausea or sickness and I feel like I'm exaggerating it and looking for sympathy!! All I really want is to feel better!

Hope it eases off soon for both of us x x x

Mine has been more feeling sick than being sick and have been sick only a few times a day since 6 weeks, BUT it really started to get me down at 10 weeks, and I cried many days, especially when I couldn't get help with my two toddlers, but the best way I found to cope was to remind myself that it would start getting better from 12 weeks and each week goes by you are getting closer and closer to feeling better! I know it lasts longer for some people but that is much less common and for most it ENDS by 14-16 weeks! The hCG level start going down again from 12 weeks so it might not be overnight, but you will start getting days when you are sick much less and your energy levels lift again- it feels like forever you have been feeling ill and you can't imagine feeling normal again, but when you start getting 'good' days (I have had a couple now in my 12th week where I can do some housework without crying and I even managed to stay out at a family wedding today until 9pm- i'm usually asleep at 8pm), you will see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

I wear the bands and find I feel so much worse without them- someone on the site told me that you need to wear them up close to your hand (where you would take your pulse) to get them to work. They don't stop it completely, but they do help me :)

At 5 weeks I was puking 7 times a day, then it backed off and mostly I just felt sick every day, unable to eat anything. I lost 20 pounds between week 5 and week 9. Now that I'm almost 12 weeks, the nausea has subsided some. Today I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and stayed awake until 9. I fed my animals and puked, took a unisom and slept all day. For me, a few things have helped me function and go to work. First is my prenatal protein shake by seeking health, it really helps curb the nausea in the morning, at least enough so I don't puke. When driving, I use one of those wrist bands for sailing. Its like a tens unit, it sends a small electric current through your hand and it definitely helps when you need to function. I also carry around a bottle of peppermint essential oil. Deep breathing helps anyway, so I just take several deep breaths from the jar whenever needed throughout the day. I also make detox water, a pitcher of water with a couple lemons, grapefruit, cucumber, peppermint and ginger sliced and placed in the water overnight. I have found cool beverages are better at reducing nausea, and it's the best way for me to get lemon and ginger in each day. When I really can't eat anything, Gatorade ice cubes are passable as something to suck on that replenishes electrolytes. A little caffeine also helps, I keep a bottle of tejava tea at work and take a few sips throughout the day. When you can eat, I recommend protein rich foods. It will prevent muscle wasting and I think helps more than crackers and straight carbs. I've been eating hard boiled egg whites and chicken breast, and it gives me more energy and ability to function. Hopefully those tips help, I know it sucks!!!

I know it's really bad but I am greatful it's not just me :wacko:

I know there's not much I can do, I've chosen not to take the medication as they aren't tested on pregnant women (like most anti sickness) therefore they do not know the effects..I know many women choose to take them but I would rather not..

I guess I just need to get used to the constant nausea lol please wish me luck as I've got 4 12hour nights starting tomorrow and know I'll feel sick constantly as tiredness just seems to make it worse!

Fingers crossed for us all that it gets easier :haha:
Xxxxx thanks ladies xxxxxxxX

Got nothing useful to add but I'm right there with you Hun! If I'm not throwing up I'm feeling like I'm on a boat! Really struggling to keep anything down, I'm just having the teeniest little sips of water and lying down not moving like some sort of mummy (oh that was a bad pun!)

Good luck with your shifts xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"