sicky baby

karenmack

Mummy of 2 Boys
Reaction score
Ever since Harrison came into my world a week ago I have turned into a pyscho panicing bout every little thing. He is sometimes sick after his bottles espically if he has tried to be a pig and guzzle it down. His Grandma, my MIL:nope: just gave him a bottle winded him and put him to sleep in his moses basket but he has just been sick projectile that it even came out of his nose. Take it this is normal, just panicking me that he will do this while I am asleep one night

xxx

Hey hun i had the exact same problem as you...Your baby should be fine as all babys when they are newly born tend to sleep with their head to either side so vomit can come out easily...however i do understand your concern...my LO was very sicky and mucasy. Everyone kept telling me its because he was 10 days late and i had a c section...as if you delivery vaginally all the mucas comes out?? At first i took it really lightly until one night (i think he was roughly 1 month old) i put him down in his moses basket to sleep and next min you know was near enough choking (he didnt have his head positioned to one side)...it made me a nervous wreck...i was terrified and so nervouse around my own baby, when i spoke to the midwife and doctors about this they told me to make sure i wind him really well...the doctor checked his chest but said he seems fine and it could be reflux...which i believe it is. After that night i started putting my LO on his tummy to sleep...i know not all midwives agree with this especially during the night but i always monitor him and at night he is right by my bedside so i wake up at every movement and stir he makes...(if you are a heavy sleeper i wouldnt advise it) and really maybe for now you should keep monitoring your LO whilst on his back and wait till he is able to hold his head up a bit so at least if you did put him on his tummy and i put his face straight down on the cot he will move it to the side like my LO does. Iv just found i feel more comfortable with my LO like this...and i think at he has got bigger as he is 2 months tommorow he appears to be so much better and hegenerally appears happy on his tummy...(touch wood!)

It will get better hun i promise xx

Dont worry. According to statistics 65% of babies have some sort of degree of reflux. Go to your pediatrician if you are very worried. They usually recommend Gaviscon Infant or Zantac Syrup. Elevate the head of your baby when he goes to sleep to prevent vomit/projectile choking him up. Good luck! I know how it feels. Dont worry,he will outgrow this.

Dont worry. According to statistics 65% of babies have some sort of degree of reflux. Go to your pediatrician if you are very worried. They usually recommend Gaviscon Infant or Zantac Syrup. Elevate the head of your baby when he goes to sleep to prevent vomit/projectile choking him up. Good luck! I know how it feels. Dont worry,he will outgrow this.

Yes, my baby gets Gaviscon too. It's very treatable and nothing to worry about. Just bring baby down to the docs and they will sort it out.
Also, if you rub baby's back instead of patting it is more comfortable for reflux babies.
:hug:
Mx

You can also try putting your LO on his side to sleep with a rolled up blanket or something behind him to support him. Then if he does get sick during his sleep he won't end up choking on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->