Side effect of prenatal vitamins...

MellyH

Pregnant (Twins!)
Reaction score
... fish oil burps! :haha: I took mine when I got up this morning and for some reason was really burpy for the next hour and after five minutes all I could taste was fish oil. Groooooooss.

Anyone else experienced this? Or other side effects?

I don't take fish oil with my prenatals as I can't stand the thought of fishy burps! However I have to take my prenatals straight after dinner as they can upset my stomach a little bit if I don't have them with a big enough meal. So maybe try altering the time of day that you take the fish oil ones and see if that helps? Maybe take the fish oil seperately from prenatal so you're not trying to digest both at once?

I take a wholefood prenatal so I get zero side effects. I used to take a lemon flavoured fish oil (in oil form) and it gave me burps ALL day. Now I take a different brand in an orange flavour and get no effects. I think I may have had one burp ever from it. It's so nice. And it tastes decent, too. The lemon one tasted like dish water.

Ha, maybe I just need to change the brand. Too bad I bought a bottle of 60 and I'm only a week in!

I had something similar with agnus castus, except when I burped a cloud of powder came up (I'd obviously not drank enough with them and got them down properly) :rofl:

ok this is gross but ive heard the iron in some prenatals can give you bad constipation!! i havent started taking any yet but it is something i will be wary of haha

Cure for fish oil burps : put the capsules in the freezer. Take them frozen. Works like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->