Side effects of folic acid

goddess25

Reaction score
I cant remember if this happened last time but is anyone else getting a really sore tummy and runny poos (TMI) :wacko:

i get poorly tummy and feel very sick if i don't take mine with food, mine are prenatal vitamins though not plain folic acid, maybe try taking on a full tummy (with main meal of the day)?

I read that it can cause nausea and sore tummies. I'm always prone to a sore stomach (regular mult-vitamins cause it as well), so I head it off by taking my folic acid right before bed. You're not up and moving around which decreases the likelihood of sore stomach and you would probably sleep through it if you are just slightly uncomfortable.

So that's another option, just take it right before bed and sleep on it! :sleep:

good idea i will start taking it before bed with a cracker or something. When I was thinking about it, i think it happened last time too but i was taking materna then and it was worse.

I dont remember that happening before...though i was preggers when i took it :( Cos i didnt know i was...

Guess i will also have to start taking it soon...makes it feel a bit real!! Eeeeek!!!

i get poorly tummy and feel very sick if i don't take mine with food, mine are prenatal vitamins though not plain folic acid, maybe try taking on a full tummy (with main meal of the day)?

Just realised we're getting married around the same time :) You not worried that you'll be preggers when you get married?? I'm worried i wont fit in my dress :blush: But i cant wait anymore than 3 months before.

I am taking folic acid and a multi vitamin atm (I will start on expensive pre natal vitamins 3 months before TTC) but I am finding if I take them first thing in the morning I feel really really sick - I actually did throw up a couple of weeks ago.

I am going to start taking them after my evening meal from now on :flower:

I find if I take mine on an empty stomach I can feel a little sick. Apart from that I appear to be side effect free.. maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones :blush:

I am just taking normal folic acid atm and similarly to Amelie I will be moving up to pregnacare when I am closer to TTC (ie. January)

I have to take mine with a meal. Otherwise I get sick.

I have been taking pregnacare conception after my evening meal since 1st November and have had no symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->